Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ole lady gave me an early birthday present, TCMT Vivid Black faring lowers through Amazon. Even came with mounting hardware for $113.00! Talked to her about going with Harley, but, didn't want to shell out $600 plus bucks, I'm cheep. I had intended to go with the Fang spoiler lowers and after talking to a few CVO riders who said they would have rather have the "full" lowers, I decided to go El Cheepo. Here are some pics out of the box. I have to admit they are really nice and the paint is decent, no runs, orange peel or misses so I'm happy. I will post pics after I install them.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
You really can't beat the aftermarket lowers, bang for buck. I bought a set years back from mutazu. Still very happy. Only a few do color match unless you get black which matches well.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Have these on mine as well. Only think i needed was to get 1 1/4" clamps for the bottom, they sent 1". No biggie. Yeah, i couldn't justify paying $400+ for them as I know they take a beating down there.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I got a set from Advanblack and thought they were pretty damn good for $259.00 painted and shipped, and I wasn't sure I was going to like them at first but now I love them.:grin:
+1...I've go the color matched (Wicked Red) from Advanblack and for less than $300 (1/2 of HD price)you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I actually owe you all from all the other great postings on this forum. Kept reading them and when I saw the fang lowers I got close to ordering them, glad I didn’t. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Ray.
I bought a set of Advanblack for my new bike and they are great, but I must admit the quality has gone way down from the set I bought a few years ago for my ‘15 SGS.
Anyway I’m sure you’ll like your aftermarket brand ones also, can’t beat it.
I have a question, I ran the fangs in conjunction with the lowers on the SGS. There was no wind. A bubble bike lol.
When I bought the new RG is was pounded on the maiden voyage and knew lowers were needed.
You say you were thinking fangs for your bike? Do they fit? I sold mine and would buy new ones in a heartbeat if they fit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Hello Ray.
I bought a set of Advanblack for my new bike and they are great, but I must admit the quality has gone way down from the set I bought a few years ago for my ‘15 SGS.
I have a question, I ran the fangs in conjunction with the lowers on the SGS. There was no wind. A bubble bike lol.
When I bought the new RG is was pounded on the maiden voyage and knew lowers were needed.
You say you were thinking fangs for your bike? Do they fit? I sold mine and would buy new ones in a heartbeat if they fit.
He was talking about the fang lowers on the new cvo road glide.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hello Ray.

Sorry, haven’t been on here in a couple days, yes I did mean the CVO style fang. Thanks for clearing that up Rideon.!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts