1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking at same pack did you purchase one wondering if its any good?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Cant speak for the tour pack,but I have the lowers. I'm happy with mine. Figure they're going to take a beating down there, couldn't justify paying any more.

Reactions: Road dawg

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Cant speak for the tour pack,but I have the lowers. I'm happy with mine. Figure they're going to take a beating down there, couldn't justify paying any more.[/QUOTE
Same reason I did Advanblack lowers. Pretty good IMO for the price.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I bought one and so far have had it on about 4-5k miles with my wife resting on it. To me for the price it’s pretty okay. Not perfect but I haven’t had anyone call me out on it because by plain sight what you usually see you can’t tell the difference. I actually really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Alright i just got mine in and im happy. It really doesn't look bad,i got the big backrest and it looks really good and comfy. Im sure the wife will like it! I also purchased the lowers and im fine with the quality. Nothing i have seen makes me worry about my purchase. I think I'll make a more detailed write up on it. Also a friend of mine will be painting them. He does high end classic cars and bikes, it amazes me what his trained eye can see. So basicly we will see how this goes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got mine ordered will see also what rack is that on yours Paul?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Got mine ordered will see also what rack is that on yours Paul?

@Taboofire Long story short it's a Metalsports Knockoff billet rack made by fairingfactoryca.com that cost me about $69.00 shipped and comes in a raw aluminum finish. It's a little on the rough side so I had to file down the edges a little bit. I then powdercoated it gloss black.

At the time when I bought this razor pak I was actually looking for a legit metalsports billet rack but I could not find they were making them anymore so I went with this one. The original metalsport billet rack is anodized which wears much better than powdercoat

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got mine in the quality was much better than i expected and the paint matches my vivid black exactly, got me and aluminum plate made for support going to try and get it on before the weekend.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad to see this come back alive.. Just stumbled on this TCMT razor tour pak last weekend.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Are you guys buying these off eBay?

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
i got a set of the tcmt fairing lowers for $73 off of amazon. (pre-rushmore type)

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/TCMT-Glossy-Vented-Fairings-1983-13/dp/B00LX12EEA/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=tcmt+lower&qid=1552365555&s=gateway&sr=8-16[/ame]

for the rushmore style, a little more expensive, but still substantially cheaper than hd.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/TCMT-Vented-Fairings-Touring-Electra/dp/B01DJ282DC/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=tcmt+lower&qid=1552365555&s=gateway&sr=8-5[/ame]

if you have a rushmore bike, the pre-rushmore lowers will fit. they just won't be the newer style, but if you just want them for winter, or occasional use, why not?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts