Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, tearing down the bike for powder coat, and iv ran into a snag, and was curious if anyone had been through this before.
I'm removing the chrome strut covers off the back of my 2015 special. Right side no problem, but the left side had all of the antenna equipment. Iv disconnected all of the antenna equipment, but there is a wire that runs through the strut cover and down to the tail lights at the bottom of the fender. How do you back that wire out of there?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Hey guys, tearing down the bike for powder coat, and iv ran into a snag, and was curious if anyone had been through this before.
I'm removing the chrome strut covers off the back of my 2015 special. Right side no problem, but the left side had all of the antenna equipment. Iv disconnected all of the antenna equipment, but there is a wire that runs through the strut cover and down to the tail lights at the bottom of the fender. How do you back that wire out of there?
Should be a plug under the seat. May have to unpin it to get it thru.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...that's what I was thinking Unfortunetly also. I see most guys powder coat them, amd was hoping someone had found a simple route around it

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just incase anyone else has this problem like I did, it's fairly simple. Unplug black plug under the seat, and remove the 2 t40's that hold the electrical panel (someone please name this) and that will make enough room for you to pull the entire plug through and remove your strut cover

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Just incase anyone else has this problem like I did, it's fairly simple. Unplug black plug under the seat, and remove the 2 t40's that hold the electrical panel (someone please name this) and that will make enough room for you to pull the entire plug through and remove your strut cover
i believe that is called a BCM or Body Control Module.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I went the other way, I unplugged the taillight plug under the fender. I was powdercoating my taillight also though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Remove the cover from the running light on the bottom of the fender. Take out the plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts