Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was involved in an accident at the end of last year. The bike sustained quite a bit of damage. I was hit by a car in the right saddlebag. It knocked the bike out from under me damaging both bags, front outer and inner fairing, front fender, crash bar, handle bars and a few other less significant things. I had the bike rebuilt by a HD dealer and am pretty happy with the results.

This year I am getting to ride for the first time since the accident. What I noticed is that the speed/tachometer housing is not parallel to the radio housing. It is as if the handle bars are very slightly turned to the right or the fairing is slightly turned to the left. The bike rides fine and it is so minute that if it is the bars I don't feel it in body position. The visual aspect of it annoys me.

My biggest worry is that if it is the speed/tach out of wack that something in the front end is bent. Maybe the fairing is slightly out of adjustment.

Any thought from the group? To my knowledge there is nothing adjustable in the front end and it has to be the fairing.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I had that problem when I first bought my bike. The fairing was just a little off, since my bike was new, the dealer adjusted for free. I've learned a lot about the bike and could do it myself now. Why don't you take it to the dealer and explain this is the first chance you've had to ride since they fixed the bike, they should adjust it at no cost.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've called but the dealer 2 hours away. They will take care of it. They are a very good dealer unlike my local one who tried to hose me on the rebuild.
I've had the outer fairing off several times I'll take a look at the link Hillglide much appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are the best. It appears that the fairing support to the crash bar was indeed off. Looks a lot better, I will know for sure tomorrow when I take it for a ride.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Mine was like that since I bought it new and its never been in an accident. It wasn't that bad so I never felt I needed to do anything about it. This past winter I took the inner fairing off for paint and radio upgrade which means the fairing bracket too. I put everything back together and now it's dead nuts perfect. I didn't knowingly do anything out of the ordinary but simply bolt it back together. Thinking about it now I'm sure it was just an alignment issue and nothing else. I will tell you though it must've subconsciously bugged me before because now I look at it and I smile seeing it nice and straight

Reactions: Caveman

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love this place. I thought I was nuts.
Went back to the dealer where I bought my '13 and explained that this little twist had my OCD in overdrive and was very distracting.
Said they couldn't find anythihg wrong and couldn't see what I was talking about. Of course they'll look at it again for $100 an hour.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts