Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 12" wild 1 outlaws and now noticed the temp gauge doesn't work. I didn't touch this gauge or its wires. It has its own leads. Does anyone know maybe what happened? It's really not a real big deal but would like to know if the gauge went bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
587 Posts
If you are talking about the air temp gauge, the sensor is located inside the speedo/tach pod. Possibly the sensor was damaged or unplugged during the bar change.

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
NewSchoolBagger if you're talking about the Air Temperature Gauge it has a connection under the Speedo/Tach housing. Is it possible it came undone during the handlebar install?
Hope this helps.
Mike U.

·
Registered
875 Posts
while your at it, you should replace it with a worth while gauge like oil temp. Cannot fathom other than cost why MOCO put a worseless gauge on the bike. My guess would be oh crap we only have 3 gauges, need a 4th to balance out the dash, throw a cheap ass air temp gauge in...DONE.. Ok off the soap box, guess I should start searching for my own replacement since spouting off....ride safe

·
Registered
7,663 Posts
I replaced mine with the Oil Temperature Gauge.
It was a easy install.
The sending unit goes into the oil pan and the other end plugs right into the Air Temperature wiring.
Mike U.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts