Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of taking this 10 day (give or take)
trip to Ten. seeing these sites: Pigeon Forge, Smoky Nation Pkwy., Nashvill, Lookout Mt., Copper Hill (rafting) Tennessee 32 - Crosby. Looking for some ideas and route. Thanks guys

·
Registered
519 Posts
Very true, and it only takes about nine minutes to run it so you can do it a couple of times. If you are the Yellow Wolf.
Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks guys. I will give the dates to Bradford when I decide to go. Geo, I will do Tail of the Dragon.
Keep mind that Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg are towns that have a lot of traffic and thrive on tourism. There are lots of places to stay outside of those towns if you want to avoid the crowds. Rivers Edge Tree House is nice and I have stayed there before. Disclaimer I have no affiliation with them I just stayed there a few times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Cherahola Skyway is awesome, the parkway through the park. Gotta do the dragon, but agree it is a little bit of a letdown. Study a map, there are ways to avoid driving through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, it can really suck if traffic is heavy. The ride from Gatlinburg to Cherokee is gorgeous.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Very true, and it only takes about nine minutes to run it so you can do it a couple of times. If you are the Yellow Wolf.
Enjoy your trip and safe travels.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
11 miles at 25 mph, heavily enforced by the TN State Police with photo radar. They don't even have to pull you over. Just mail you your ticket and only pull over the reckless riders for immediate suspension and bike towed.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If I were heading down from CT, I would head west to Lake Katrine, NY, then south toward Allentown, then Cunningham Falls State Park. Mostly riding two lane roads. This is what I did in 2014.

From there I would route towards mile zero on the Blue Ridge Parkway and ride it all the way to Cherokee. If you get a Blue Ridge Parkway guide you can see where there is fuel available within 1/2 mile off the BRP. Get your fuel at these places to avoid going 20 miles off the BRP to get fuel. Don't forget to stop at the sights to see on and slightly off the BRP like Grandfather Mountain, Mount Mitchell, etc.

Once in the Smoky Mountains area, the Foothills Parkway, 441, Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, etc are all good tourist roads to ride.

I avoid interstates as much as possible so I am not going to recommend any routes that require interstates. If, on the way to Nashville, you decide to take I-40, and want to get away from all the traffic, jump on 70 and 70N where you can. Many sections are curvy two lane with very little traffic since most are on the interstates.

Along that I-40 route to Nashville, you can ride the "Devil's Triangle" route, which passes near the now open for tours Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary. https://tourbrushy.com/

There are distilleries to visit in and around Nashville if that is something of interest to you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wheels through time in Maggie Valley NC a little off the route but worth the trip. Check their hours though, only open 3 or 4 days a week. Also rt 209 in NC, aka ‘The Rattler’.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts