Road Glide banner

Terrible headlights on 2018 SGS

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  Thermodyne 
#1 ·
Anyone else uphappy with their stock headlights? Just got back from a trip and had to ride at night and the stock headlights SUCK.

They are the LED's so I thought they would be good.

I think someone posted that they need to be raised to work well. Anyone got that info?

#2 ·
the aiming procedure is in the service manual. if you think your lights suck, then they probably do need to be aimed properly.

now, the burning question in my mind is, is this on a street glide or a road glide? the thread title says street glide, but your user name says roadglide.

#4 ·
the aiming procedure is in the service manual. if you think your lights suck, then they probably do need to be aimed properly. S

now, the burning question in my mind is, is this on a street glide or a road glide? the thread title says street glide, but your user name says roadglide.
Sorry it's on my 2018 RGS. I sold my Street Glide to get my new bike.

#3 ·
yeah my new 2020 glide special has shitty light projection. need to raise them, on low beam they are hitting about 30 ft infront of the bike, on high beam mayby 75 ft in front of the bike, shitty for my area with dear and hogs on the road at night. will try and raise them some see if i get better light out front. plan on mounting led spot lights on the crashbars.

#6 ·
(is there any other bike?)
Not that I am aware of. :D

I had to raise the ones on my 16 and the 19. The True Daymakers on the 11 were the shit. I want the Custom Dynamics headlights. But I am being frugal right now. $799.00 for headlights? I am sure they are worth it in the end. Cant really put a price on safety.

#15 ·
Yep had the same problem on my 2918 RGU,I took my bike out at night and raised the headlight and sat back on my bike to see where the headlight was shining.i had to do this several times to I got it to where I liked it,now I can I see down the road with out any on coming traffic flashing their lights at me.

#16 ·
can someone tell me where i can get a service manual for a 2020 roadglide special. or can you give general instructions on how to realign the head lights. still haven't figured it out. and runnin with the brights on is pissin off the other drivers in town.

#18 ·
"Snarley-under the fairing, under the center of the headlamps-is an adjuster that you can use a 9 mm socket, 6 mm hex or T15 Torx."
Thanks Tri J i'll get to it tomorrow.

#19 ·
"Snarley-under the fairing, under the center of the headlamps-is an adjuster that you can use a 9 mm socket, 6 mm hex or T15 Torx."
Thanks Tri J i'll get to it tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.