Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here installed a TV-3 on a 2011 FLTRU? If so I'd like to hear a quick report on lessons learned, etc. If not, I'll be the Guinea Pig.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I installed one on my 2010, and 2011 is the same setup. Real easy to do, but you if your like me, the service manual really helps in identifying everything it talks about. Terry components directions have no pictures.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
People offer downloadable ones on ebay,. or at least they used to. If memory serves they were only like $25 or something.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Installing it now - have a couple questions.

1. Does it matter which O2 sensor gets hooked in to which harness? The instructions do not indicate.

2. What is a data link connector? And do I need to hook both the red wire to that and the other red/white wire to the battery cable or will one or the other suffice? The instructions make note that 2008-2009 switched key-on 12v has a gray wire and talk about tapping into it with the T-Tapa and blade-terminal connection. I wonder if I have to do this on my 2011.

3. Is there a better spot to install instead of under the seat? Was hoping for something less-obvious...

4. Also, I am installing my Ventilator A/C and when I removed my stock football style A/C, a part came off with it - take a look and tell me what this is and do I need to reinstall when I put on the Ventilator of leave it off?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5670471723/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5670472583/

Thank you,
Tim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FML -

So the install goes fine (I thought). Got a red blinking light then eventually a green light as per the instructions. Riding around for a bit tonight - about 20 miles into it, total loss of power and engine light comes on.

Limp home at 20 mph trying not to get rear-ended on US1, cussing the TV-3 the whole way home.

Get home, restart the bike and engine light is gone and full throttle capabilities are back.

Any ideas here?

Thank you,
Tim

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yes,.. buy some diaelectic grease and smear it on all the connections you made.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes,.. buy some diaelectic grease and smear it on all the connections you made.
OK - i'm not real smart about this stuff, as I thought that stuff was only used to prevent corrosion. How is that going to help?

One of my thoughts was that the wire leading to the TPS behind the intake is very near the fins of the rear cylinder. Is it possible it's getting heat soaked?

Sorry for the stupid questions.

-Tim

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I just pulled all my TDC codes and this is what I found waiting for me - oh joy.

P0120-Throttle position sensor 1 range error
P0123-TP sensor high
P0131-Front 02 sensor low (lean)
P0132-Front 02 sensor high (rich)
P0134-Front 02 sensor open/not responding
P0151-Rear 02 sensor low (lean)
P0152-Rear 02 sensor high (rich)
P0220-Throttle position sensor 2 range error
P0222-Throttle position sensor 2 low/open
P0577-Cruise control input high
P1510-Throttle actuator control limited performance
P1511-Throttle actuator limited power management mode
P2101-Throttle actuator control motor circuit range error

Awesome. So I guess I'm ripping the TV-3 out today :-/

I go on LOOONG rides with my club and I can't afford to be in limp mode with the whole crew waiting on me. I should've gone TTS or PCV in the first place I guess... Crap. I hope I can get them to take this unit on return.

I guess I'll post this in troubleshooting as well.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
So I just pulled all my TDC codes and this is what I found waiting for me - oh joy.

P0120-Throttle position sensor 1 range error
P0123-TP sensor high
P0132-Front 02 sensor high (rich)
P0134-Front 02 sensor open/not responding
P0151-Rear 02 sensor low (lean)
P0152-Rear 02 sensor high (rich)
P0220-Throttle position sensor 2 range error
P0222-Throttle position sensor 2 low/open
P0577-Cruise control input high
P1510-Throttle actuator control limited performance
P1511-Throttle actuator limited power management mode
P2101-Throttle actuator control motor circuit range error

Awesome. So I guess I'm ripping the TV-3 out today :-/

I go on LOOONG rides with my club and I can't afford to be in limp mode with the whole crew waiting on me. I should've gone TTS or PCV in the first place I guess... Crap. I hope I can get them to take this unit on return.

I guess I'll post this in troubleshooting as well.
I have no experience with this tuner but I'm guessing those codes are related to your first question:

"1. Does it matter which O2 sensor gets hooked in to which harness? The instructions do not indicate."

If you're talking about the harnesses on the bike, it matters very much. Black is the rear sensor and grey is the front.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Looks like you're pulling the trigger on a lightly used PCV on HDF. You sure give up easy. :D

(I was looking at it too but you beat me to it.)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like you're pulling the trigger on a lightly used PCV on HDF. You sure give up easy. :D

(I was looking at it too but you beat me to it.)
Yeah dude - the more I think about it, the less I like that thing plugging into 4 different components of the bike...

I like that the PCV is a much less complicated module.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
OK - i'm not real smart about this stuff, as I thought that stuff was only used to prevent corrosion. How is that going to help?
All I can say, is been there,.. done that. It worked for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts