Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the fact that you can buy a blacked out bike now, saved me a lot of time and money. The down side is everyone’s bike looks like mine now. I wanted to do something to change the look but wasn’t sure how committed I was to the ideal. So I had a place in town so some vinyl work. It turned out pretty well, but paint will work better because it will look exactly how I want it. But it was enough of let me know I do in fact want to go paint.

I got the saddle bag lids done too. The OL has a tendency to boot them and now that I’m having to wear a knee brace I’ve been doing it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
I love the fact that you can buy a blacked out bike now, saved me a lot of time and money. The down side is everyone’s bike looks like mine now. I wanted to do something to change the look but wasn’t sure how committed I was to the ideal. So I had a place in town so some vinyl work. It turned out pretty well, but paint will work better because it will look exactly how I want it. But it was enough of let me know I do in fact want to go paint.

I got the saddle bag lids done too. The OL has a tendency to boot them and now that I’m having to wear a knee brace I’ve been doing it too.

Looks great! I am actually going to do some vinyl stuff to mine pretty soon. can't make up my mind about what paint scheme I want so I figured I would try something in vinyl to see how I like it. Although putting vinyl on the fairing can help protect it so I might stck with it for as long as it will last.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks great! I am actually going to do some vinyl stuff to mine pretty soon. can't make up my mind about what paint scheme I want so I figured I would try something in vinyl to see how I like it. Although putting vinyl on the fairing can help protect it so I might stck with it for as long as it will last.

Thanks. The only down fall of vinyl is you’re kind of limited to what they can get/do. I wanted the #1 skull on the front but the cat who did the work didn’t want to do it because of trademark stuff. When I get it painted I’ll have it done. But it’s a good way to make sure it’s something you want.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
looks great!

i believe the fair use act would preclude any legal action against you.
as long as you're not selling the logos and making money they'd have a tough case to prove.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the contrast - that's a nice blue as well. Good job.
Thanks
looks great!

i believe the fair use act would preclude any legal action against you.
as long as you're not selling the logos and making money they'd have a tough case to prove.
Thanks. I was kinda thinking the fact that it was ON a Harley Davidson would have made it OK, but I didn't want to make a huge deal out of something I knew was temporary.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts

I’ve got a roll of 3M Fiery Orange vinyl and all the needed tools in my possession as of a couple weeks ago. Still scouring the web to get an idea of what design I want to go with. Ultimately I do want paint, but also feel this is a good inexpensive way to explore options before laying out big bucks.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I’ve got a roll of 3M Fiery Orange vinyl and all the needed tools in my possession as of a couple weeks ago. Still scouring the web to get an idea of what design I want to go with. Ultimately I do want paint, but also feel this is a good inexpensive way to explore options before laying out big bucks.
If you and @RGKen do something post pictures, I'm still looking for ideals. I'll probably end up leaving the vinyl on till it starts to get crapy looking...LOL

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Dresses the bike up nicely. You must have an artistic side or found some nice examples to guide you.

So, is the vinyl layered, or printed?

I too am a fan of the #1 logo and found a place to make my custom #1 for my trailer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dresses the bike up nicely. You must have an artistic side or found some nice examples to guide you.

So, is the vinyl layered, or printed?

I too am a fan of the #1 logo and found a place to make my custom #1 for my trailer.

LOL. I don’t know about that. The lines of the bike kind of dictated how to lay it out. It’s layered.

The fact that Boswells had some bikes with pretty cool graphics painted on them tells me there is someone in or close to Nashville that can do what I’m wanting and do it well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts