Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone up to a meet and greet in Medina in say, early April? We could use Koyote Ranch as Ground Zero, it's just a few miles north of RR 337 and the other 2 sisters. Utopia, Bandera and plenty of other rides are all in close proximity, too.

The wildflowers will be in bloom by then and if it keeps on raining it should be a bumper crop.

I'd like to make Shark Week III but it's gonna be hotter'n a bowl of Terlingua Red in August. What say we do our own version Texas style?

Any forum members and friends are welcome, of course.

Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
count me in. i love the Hill
country

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm fairly well aquainted with the proprietors of Koyote Ranch. I'll call this week and see what events they have booked in April.

The Texas PGR Gathering of the Guard is usually the last weekend of the month down there. Google Koyote Ranch for info so you can see the facilities. They've got everything needed, from primitive camping to luxury accommodations.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I can say count me in but it is never final until I'm actually headed there. For some odd reason work still gets in the way of a lot of fun.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Great riding around there and I'm always looking for opportunities to go. I'll be watching for more info.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Definitely interested in this idea! Couldnt make SWII due to family issues and not sure SWIII will fit budget next year with several kid-expenses coming at me next summer.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am in if not at that ugly 4 letter word....ugh work

Atleast its offshore and I got great sunrises and or sunsets to see.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
We were there Easter weekend this year and planning another trip the first weekend of April in 2013. If it is that weekend count us in for sure. Forum member Quicksand has been talking about making the trip with us so maybe he can as well.

Already have plans to be in Missouri the weekend of the 20th. Any other weekend than that we will do our best to work it out.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If it ain't still snowin' up here I'm in!....and yeah we've got snow even in Kentucky as late as May! Been jonesin' to do the Hill Country though.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm definitely interested....

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I am in, as always depending on that work thing.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
ok Andy. Now to avoid herding cats you set the dates and let us know what they are. Those that can make it will. I look forward to Koyote Ranch as I have never stayed there....always full up no vacancy when I try. A decent and cheaper alternate would be the Best Western in Kerrville if the Koyote Ranch does not work out.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I'm totally down for a M&G in Bandera. February thru June are usually my months for travelling to the Hill country to ride anyways. Maybe a vote on a good weekend we are all available would be great then and maybe a seperate thread so we can all start making plans and have accountability.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Give me a couple of days to contact Koyote Ranch. I had some minor surgery done this morning, nothing too serious but I'm hurting right now. After I find out what events they have in April so we can set a weekend.

The Patriot Guard Gathering of the Guard is a pretty big deal, hundreds come to Koyote Ranch for that. They set aside X amount of accommodations for PGR members until a certain date before making reservations available to the public. I'm sure this shebang won't rival GoTG but maybe we can get a similar deal.

I'm thinking a Thursday - Sunday would be best. That would be 2 good days of riding (Fri and Sat) for those who live within a day's ride and have to get back home on Sunday evening. Of course, anybody can come and go whenever they want/ need to.

Is Easter a good or bad idea?

I'm on it, y'all.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Subscribed.
Might be interesting. I love Texas! My sister lives in Coleman so I could stop and see her on the way.
Nice little diner in Coleman- Tiffany's I think it's called.

Have you been there recently? Man, the wind farms between there and Snyder go on forever, thousands of mills. Land owners are making a killing leasing out space to the electric companies. Hopefully your sis is one of them!

If you come that way try and route yourself down Tx HWY 16 from Llano. Koyote Ranch is on 16 in Medina, 20 or so miles south of Kerrville. That's one nice stretch of state highway (mostly 2 lane). Some of the prettiest parts of the state are along there.

·
Registered
818 Posts
We usually come in on 283 out of Seymour. To me that's a beautiful ride.
Ill have to keep Tiffany's in mind. Have never seen it.
There's a Mexican place in Albany that we usually try to stop at, an old ice house. Don't remember the name but very cool (no pun intended).
Ya I wish she was a land owner!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts