Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The wife is headed out on a sisters-only vacation, so I have a kitchen pass for some solo riding. I'm planning the second annual Texas BBQ Tour scheduled for May 2-6, 2017 and welcome any fellow forum riders who wish to join for all or part.

In addition to riding some great Texas back roads and the famous Three Twisted Sisters (the roads, not the Dahm triplets), we will be stopping at some of the classic Central Texas and Texas Hill Country biker joints and BBQ houses, including: Yankee's Tavern and Grill; Blue Bell Creamery; Black's BBQ; Zimmerhanzel's BBQ; Spoetzl Brewery (home of Shiner Beer); Kreuz Market BBQ; Buzzie's BBQ; Two Fat Boys BBQ; Blue Bonnet Cafe (homemade pies, yum!); and Louie Mueller's BBQ, just to name a few.

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The wife is headed out on a sisters-only vacation, so I have a kitchen pass for some solo riding. I'm planning the second annual Texas BBQ Tour scheduled for May 2-6, 2017 and welcome any fellow forum riders who wish to join for all or part.

In addition to riding some great Texas back roads and the famous Three Twisted Sisters (the roads, not the Dahm triplets), we will be stopping at some of the classic Central Texas and Texas Hill Country biker joints and BBQ houses, including: Yankee's Tavern and Grill; Blue Bell Creamery; Black's BBQ; Zimmerhanzel's BBQ; Spoetzl Brewery (home of Shiner Beer); Kreuz Market BBQ; Buzzie's BBQ; Two Fat Boys BBQ; Blue Bonnet Cafe (homemade pies, yum!); and Louie Mueller's BBQ, just to name a few.

Looks like a great way to gain some weight too. Been looking at heading down there.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Wish I could; sounds like a great time, but my "trip" money for this year is already earmarked for SW 7. Maybe next year!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gained 10 lbs just reading the post. What towns are these places in?
This trip is not for the faint of heart. Besides, you don't have to eat everything you see! Consider it a low-carb diet, if that is your thing.

Featured establishments are in Anderson, Brenham, Lockhart, Smithville, Shiner, Kerrville, Camp Wood, Marble Falls, and Taylor, respectively. All in the Great State of Texas. There are a few more "must eat" BBQ places in Texas, but I have a limited number of lunches and dinners available...and few BBQ joints are open for breakfast!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Texas Hill Country is one of our yearly rides. Sometimes twice a year. But that's my weekend to work or I would probably join you. We always eat at Coopers or Salt Lick but I'm making note and will definately try out these places.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Texas Hill Country is one of our yearly rides. Sometimes twice a year. But that's my weekend to work or I would probably join you. We always eat at Coopers or Salt Lick but I'm making note and will definately try out these places.
Cooper's and Salt Lick are some of my all-time favs, though I've come to despise the wait time at Salt Lick. As I noted, there are many other "must eat" locations, so I thought I would try a few that I haven't been to...or haven't been to in a while. The joints in Lockhart and Taylor get rave reviews and I've never stopped-in to check their groceries, so this is the year. And one has to spend some time in Smithville just to see if Sandra Bullock is still hangin' around.

I didn't see Twin Peaks listed on the biker joint hangouts?:surprise::surprise::surprise:
Errr, we're gonna shy away from Waco. I'm no 1%'er, but I don't think that matters much to the popo in that town...they seem to follow their own rules. :(

·
Registered
69 Posts

Ive been to Blacks And Kreuz Multiple times ! LOVE THEM BOTH HAvE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts