Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Great ride out this weekend with a great bunch of guys (won't name the MC) in the Hill country out on 335, 336, 337 bought my duaghter and eveything on Sat, then rode around with the misses on Sun. Didn't know there is a guy that takes photos like at the dragon, that was kinda cool. We stopped at the main bike spot there (forgot the name), had lunch and got a t-shirt...lol LOOOOOOTS of sharks in the water this weekend, always love seeing those double headlights coming at me. Saw a few customs, but mostly stockers that love the twisies like me..lol.:D:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
I recon that would be the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop in Leakey. It is a nice bunch of roads. I was out there yesterday for a while.

Greg

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is a great part of Texas to ride. Was there for a couple of days last month, stayed in Leakey and loved it. No cell signal for two days was fantastic!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Love dem roads! I think the one between Vanderpool n Leakey is the best, did u make it by the little motorcycle museum in Vanderpool , it's nice n only $5 .:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is a great part of Texas to ride. Was there for a couple of days last month, stayed in Leakey and loved it. No cell signal for two days was fantastic!
ya know thinking back on the weekend, that is exactly what i WAS NOT missing...damn near off the grid...lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recon that would be the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop in Leakey. It is a nice bunch of roads. I was out there yesterday for a while.

Greg
yep, that was the spot. yeah as a sport biker I rode all over 16 but never went to the sisters....think i will make it a monthly trip. Kinda feel like my riding level was slipping.

on my sportbike I can drag knee and almost elbow, so of course on the RGC I wanna drag boards and bags...lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be careful, just about every ride I see someone on my side of the double yellow. Allow yourself some wiggle room (don't ride at 100%).

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
oh no doubt brother, from riding at the dragon and the rest of north georgia my friends Darryl and Lori Cannon taught me a valuable lesson we called white lining. its where you ride a few inches from the white line. most people dont realize that when you are in the tire groove area closest to the yallow, at a good lean your actually in the on coming traffic lane. That can only end badly...and with the verying surfaces out there you can never go 100% I try to stay around 60-75% max. I keep the knee dragging to the track.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts