Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met Dr. Dyno in NY this weekend and can't praise him enough. I have a background in engine building/tuning and dyno tuning and found Fred is top notch.

I have been fighting with detonation on my '13 RG for 2 years. Fuelmoto got close with 3 different maps, but Dr. D worked his magic this weekend and made my bike perfect.

Don't bet me wrong, I can't thank FuelMoto enough for the services they provide to do-it-yourselfers like me, but I learned my lesson on the importance of getting your bike dyno tuned by a pro.

Here are some specs.....
'13 RG Custom
Woods 222
FM Stage 1
PC-V
Stock Pipes - no baffles no cat (which I found out this weekend makes more power than an X pipe (FYI))

Dyno Chart.....
Red - FM (No Ping Tune) still WAY lean until 3200rpm
Blue - DR.DYNO final tune.

Thanks DR DYNO!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have seen Dr. Dyno do his magic in Laconia.

I was very impressed with his knowledge, attention to detail, and desire to get it right.

The real deal.

Hopefully, next years budget allows me "pipes" and I'll have Fred working on it in Laconia 16 !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I forgot to put up his website:

http://www.drdyno.com/

He travels to different event with his dyno and the schedule is listed on his site. When not traveling you can find him in Pawcatuck, CT.

Good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Fred is a fountain of knowledge and he can and will squeeze every last ft/lb and HP out of a bike. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
He is not all that far from me, I might just take a ride to conn. to see him I ride there in the weekends quite a bit anyway when I leave long Island which is every weekend in the summer.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Sounds like a plan brother, have you gone into the quick tune area of your tuner, power vision we have the same tuner, and richened up the fuel %, I did any it eliminated that PIA pinging between 2500 rpm and 3100 rpm, thought I would love for Dr. dyno to nail the tune head one so I can see if my cams and mods are in full effect.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I ran two auto tune sessions with a 60% improvement but she still felt way to lean, after the quick tune adjustments woke her up in the midrange. You give me a buzz maybe we can set up a date.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Fred's the best. Lives right down the road from me here. Tuned my CBR954 one rainy afternoon....and then delivered me and the bike to my front door in the dyno trailer.
I'll have him do my '15 RG soon.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
That's awesome. I'm running a PC V with autotune on my bike now. It's ok but once the bike gets hot - from the 3rd gear and up anytime I give it throttle. I get this what sounds like metal on metal clanging. I'm assuming it pinging but I'm not 100% sure.

I might throw some cams in her and let the autotune run it until Sept. I see he's gonna be out my way at the York Factory on my Bday.

What did a full tune run you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts