Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Moto just took my order for a Power Vision unit. They were running a deal that bundled with their stage 1 air cleaner for an additional $50! They'll ship tomorrow and I should receive Tuesday. I have wanted to learn more about tuning fuel injection systems for some years. The flash-based tuning and real-time monitoring of various engine parameters are what sold me on the PV. Whether I can stay focused long enough to comprehend the instructions is another matter - ADD is a curse, sometimes! Ooh, look at that shiny object over there.....

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have one and I love it. Wait till you try the auto tune. Pretty slick.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I put mine on a week ago. I can't wait to get some time and good weather to really try it out but so far I am impressed.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
was is the basic auto tune and visual aids? that sold you?
Yes, and not needing a computer to view/change parameters and flash the ECM. I don't own a Windows device (Mac addict), and most tuner software isn't happy with OSX.

My dealer wanted $566.95 for the SERT and basic tune with nb o2 sensor feedback. Fuel Moto set me up with the PV tuner, handlebar mount / visor, and their stage 1 intake kit for less.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Yes, and not needing a computer to view/change parameters and flash the ECM. I don't own a Windows device (Mac addict), and most tuner software isn't happy with OSX.

My dealer wanted $566.95 for the SERT and basic tune with nb o2 sensor feedback. Fuel Moto set me up with the PV tuner, handlebar mount / visor, and their stage 1 intake kit for less.
It's still handy to have the PVWin software on a computer, IMO. I run a virtual WinXP box (VMWare fusion) on my Macbook just so I can run PVWin, and some diag software for my wife's Jetta.

Either way, I think you'll really like the Power Vision.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you get an exhaust to spark all of this or are you just "fixing" some issues?
Yes, I wanted to get ride of the stock "whisper pipes" and I brought home some black Rush True Dual headers and Big Louie slip-ons. The P&A manager at my nearby Harley dealer gave me a deal I couldn't seem to pass on - the entire kit was about the same price as just the slip-ons I was looking at...

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ice for us tonight and tomorrow morning. I was going to go with the V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals. I wanted power and not too loud. The P&A manager dangled that deal in front of me, and I couldn't resist. I may regret it.... The pipes are so friggin loud!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's still handy to have the PVWin software on a computer, IMO. I run a virtual WinXP box (VMWare fusion) on my Macbook just so I can run PVWin, and some diag software for my wife's Jetta.

Either way, I think you'll really like the Power Vision.
I was browsing the PV quick start guide, and noticed a step to connect the PV to a Windows-based computer for updating the latest firmware, software, updates, etc... Crap, I guess I need to run a virtual Bill Gates box on my MacBook Pro. Is VMWare fusion stable for you? Are you running Mountain Lion on your Mac?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easy install, easy to flash the tune to the ECM, and the real-time data observation via "gauges" on the PV is cool. Just click on the gauge (says "empty" from the factory) and select the data channel you want to display, accept the selection and you're good to go. Will try some data-logging this weekend.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. I was a dumb ass & let my stealer ad the SE Super tuner to my bill. Convinced me that since I went with upgraed air box & slip ons It needed to be done.....since it was new to me I fell for it.
I have a few other things to do first but the PV is definately on my list.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like you got a good deal. I was a dumb ass & let my stealer ad the SE Super tuner to my bill. Convinced me that since I went with upgraed air box & slip ons It needed to be done.....since it was new to me I fell for it.
I have a few other things to do first but the PV is definately on my list.
I was contemplating a Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, but the canned tunes and support from Fuel Moto sealed the deal for me.

I set the tuner for AT, configured the Fuel Moto tune for learning, and took off for a data logging run on Sunday. It was fun trying to fill-in as many blocks as possible, then turning them red. Then it was a simple as accepting the learned tune and flashing the ECM. The Fuel Moto map was close enough that no clipping was required; just a flash and my bike was good. I don't think I even needed the tune run, as the bike ran great before. But, I was curious about the procedure and wanted to do it so I could actually say I did a custom tune on my bike. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts