Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '01 SERG stock engine (1550 with 203 cams) and put on KW SS slip-ons with a AN Big Sucker. I took it to the local MOCO dealer for a Dyno and got fairly good results - 82hp and 130Nm of torque.
I bought the bike with stock boring FL-mufflers(not the original one w/ fishtail) so that's why I picked up some aftermarket ones.
I then got the Supertrapp true dual headers and took it back for another dyno run. I was kind of expecting atleast a slight improvement but the chart read: 78.2hp (5.3rpm) and 128.7Nm (3.3rpm)...what the heck?? On a side note; the engine reved all the way to 6.2 ...:eek: I was under the impression that this engine red-lined at 5.5...:confused:
I'm just a layman here, but I can only speculate that the SS-muffler and ST true duals was an odd couple.
I'm going to save some buck and get the ST Stout 4" slip-ons. I believe those will be a better match.
So, what do you think?
Cheers

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Same guy running the dyno ? Same temp out?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same guy running the dyno ? Same temp out?
Hi Big_gary; yes, the same guy at the same dealer (the only H-D dealership in my city!) on a DynoJet.

It would be interesting to try another Harley-tech and see if it made any difference...:serious:

I do realize that tuning/calibrating is an noble art best left to experts!:wink:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
even humidity can play a factor, but those are pretty good numbers out of a 95" with your setup
Nice to meet a fellow berserker! :smile:
Yeah, it's not too shabby - a colleague of mine said the same thing!
His 1449cc FLTRI does 67hp and 110Nm so the difference is noticeable!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your red line is/should be 6.5, 5.5 is stock 88
So, because this a CVO-build or with any 95 engine?
I was afraid they were going to blow the top off (I had to sign a waiver regarding possible damage to the engine...) :frown:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
That's what I understood back in 99 on the 95 in bore and again on our 03 RG, have rev'd the 99 far past 6 rpm

·
Registered
830 Posts
AND here is the results from the Dyno Jet...
With the price I paid I would really appreciate a color print.
That is very strange. I have never heard of any Harley making numbers like those. 78 hp and 128 ft/lbs of torque are not normal in any way that I am aware of.

Most bikes making 78 hp return torque numbers between 85 to 95. Most bikes making 128 torque are pulling 105+ HP.

Something does not make sense....:confused:

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
That is very strange. I have never heard of any Harley making numbers like those. 78 hp and 128 ft/lbs of torque are not normal in any way that I am aware of.

Most bikes making 78 hp return torque numbers between 85 to 95. Most bikes making 128 torque are pulling 105+ HP.

It also states , (at the engine. ) ???

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I have to agree (with my layman knowledge) that the result was not something I expected. The numbers doesn't add up.
I was disappointed with the hp readings as this bike had 90 hp when it left the CVO-shop.
You probably wouldn't be very surprised to hear that I'm looking for another tuner. The gentleman at the local MoCo claims to be an expert...

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It also states , (at the engine. ) ???
Maybe something was lost in translation (from Norwegian to English!) :D
But seriously - a dyno run shows hp and tourqe at the wheel not the engine, right? :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a '01 SERG stock engine (1550 with 203 cams) and put on KW SS slip-ons with a AN Big Sucker. I took it to the local MOCO dealer for a Dyno and got fairly good results - 82hp and 130Nm of torque.
I bought the bike with stock boring FL-mufflers(not the original one w/ fishtail) so that's why I picked up some aftermarket ones.
I then got the Supertrapp true dual headers and took it back for another dyno run. I was kind of expecting atleast a slight improvement but the chart read: 78.2hp (5.3rpm) and 128.7Nm (3.3rpm)...what the heck?? On a side note; the engine reved all the way to 6.2 ...:eek: I was under the impression that this engine red-lined at 5.5...:confused:
I'm just a layman here, but I can only speculate that the SS-muffler and ST true duals was an odd couple.
I'm going to save some buck and get the ST Stout 4" slip-ons. I believe those will be a better match.
So, what do you think?
Cheers
You are going to need to add more plates to the SuperTrapps.. More plates, more top end power... I also bought them and was disappointed in sound..After doing Research, I found out they are only 2 decibels louder than stock with the 10 plates on each side that they came with, which by the way, I switched 2 plates from left to right side pipes, since most of the exhaust flow comes out right side..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You are going to need to add more plates to the SuperTrapps.. More plates, more top end power... I also bought them and was disappointed in sound..After doing Research, I found out they are only 2 decibels louder than stock with the 10 plates on each side that they came with, which by the way, I switched 2 plates from left to right side pipes, since most of the exhaust flow comes out right side..
Hi mouser - you mean like the SuperTrap SC Elite?
I have presently the Klock Werk SS 4" slip-ons on my bike. They worked fine with the OEM headers not so with the SuperTrap True Duals. To remedy this I have ordered the SuperTrap Stout 4" and I expect a match made in heaven! :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi mouser - you mean like the SuperTrap SC Elite?
I have presently the Klock Werk SS 4" slip-ons on my bike. They worked fine with the OEM headers not so with the SuperTrap True Duals. To remedy this I have ordered the SuperTrap Stout 4" and I expect a match made in heaven! :)
I think that is what they are.. I will be looking for something else this spring... I could get the open caps for more sound, but they are $150 each through SuperTrapp.. That aint gonna happen..lol.. Probably Monster Ovals or Monster squares.. Also was going to just drill the end cap with a 1" hole saw, but didn't want to take a chance and make it sound like a wing..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts