Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hell I'd pay 640 dollars or even 2640 dollars.

I have a 2011 FLTRU. It has the BOOM Sound System in it. I am now used to my handlebar controls, and my back seat rider is used to her controls on the side of the speaker pods back there.

I have in my shop, waiting for the long winter to install the RoadTech Zumo 665 GPS/XM/Bluetooth conglomeration and the Navigation Interface Module. I also have the iPod Interface Module and all of the flippin cables to get it back into the saddlebag just like the CVO.

I am going to shortly splurge and let you make my sounds, sound good with a full ROKKER setup. I love to play the "chicken dance song" or "bad boys from COPS" when I pass somebody doing the curbside sobriety check thing...so the louder and CLEARER, the better.

With all that in consideration, I HATE THE DAMN CABLES that attach my helmet headset to the durn bike! I unplug...it scratches the tank. My backseat rider forgets to unplug and it rips the cord outta somewhere... Getting going from a gas stop is better suited to a midget contortionist by the time I have her plugged up, and me plugged up and both of our butts on the seat. Shoot, one of these days somebody is gonna catch that fiasco on a video camera, and I'm gonna be on YouTube.

I also really hate the short booms on my HD microphones, along with the lack of wind noise attenuation. We do NOT use VOX, and prefer to NOT use VOX. I sing with my music...mostly on key. She sings too...mostly off key. When I get bored, I listen to talk radio, and make my own running commentary...me a far right wing conservative...her not even close to the right...or correct for that matter.

I need a solution please. I need some kinda wireless system that replaces the wire...and still lets me use all of my MoCo investment. I am so confused by all of your offerings...please?

Oh by the way...yup...I ramble for the levity and humor of it all. Please Lord do not let her see this...

Thanks!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sounds like you need a bluetooth helmet mounted speaker/mic system. I know many folks swear by the stuff from Cardo (link below).
http://www.cardosystems.com/scala-rider/scala-rider-solo

This could be paired directly with the Zumo for all of its functions, and could probably be paired with the stock head unit through a rear-aux mod and a bluetooth module in the fairing.

Sorry no direct experience to share with you, but from your description I think this is the type of solution you are looking for.

Cheers
Ian

BTW- you have much more patience than me. If I dropped the coin on the Road Tech/iPod setup, I would have my bike torn to hell the minute the UPS man hit the door, and would not sleep/eat/work until I had it all together!!
:D

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
J&M's Bluetooth headset and Blu<>Hub dongle06 will be ready for the Harley baggers later this fall, in a few very interesting configurations ,,,,,

stay tuned for more information ,,,,,

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J&M's Bluetooth headset and Blu<>Hub dongle06 will be ready for the Harley baggers later this fall, in a few very interesting configurations ,,,,,

stay tuned for more information ,,,,,
Tuned in and waiting! Thanks John! Just about can't stand it...is it ready yet?

I intend to tear my bike down for paint this winter, and do all the wires while it's down. It's a long winter, and I will need all of it to pull off my vision. Like I said, I love your stuff, and have already decide on the ROKKER for my street (read no helmet) riding. It will be great to have a solution for my road (read helmet) riding...

Did I ask...is it ready yet? Grin!

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any News John?

I am back after a big medical hiatus. Still would really like to do away with my helmet to dash cable... and still keep my stock controls..

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts