Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow, that's a hell of a system. Nice looking bike too! Haha.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Hi All, just finished the stereo in the beast. It consists of a Rockford Fosgate T400X, T 500x, 4 T165's and P3D4 8" shallow subs.This thing sounds better than most car stereos. It f$%#@n rocks!!
Cherry! Congrats...soon I'll have a system to be proud of...>:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments. It makes all the work worth while! Rockford is good stuff. I used it years ago, then switched to Pioneer Premier. The Premier 6.5 are too big, but sound amazing and their amps are badass, but also too big for fairings. This thing sounds better than most car systems and fits in the fairing!! I think I might enter it in the stereo comps at the runs I go on. Have fun and post yours when your done.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The amp plates are home made and mount bolt to the Fairing mounts, but run horizontal because they wouldn't fit vertical. I think the Power series amps are longer than the punch. I had to heat up the glovebox and force a 2x4 up between it and the inner fairing to fit the 3sixty underneath it. I put the glove box liner back in and the humor is barely noticeable. The glove box is still useable. I can take some close ups if you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi looks great. I especially like the idea of putting those eight inch subs in the fairing lowers to provide low down bass which is so often lacking in speed/wind. Does it address that?

What year road glide is yours and what type of fairing lowers are on it? How much stuffing about was involved in getting the subs to fit inside the fairing lowers?

Thanks - I'd like to do the same thing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a 2013. It sounds pretty good at 70 mph. The lowers are stock that I plastic welded the sub woofer rings to then stretched spandex over and resined. I then sprayed them with duplicolor bed liner. They are Rockford low profile subs and fit perfect. like any customizing, It takes more time than money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts