Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***EDIT - Since some dummy (me) deleted all his photobucket pics, it totally jacked the pics from this thread. I got some updated pics and posted them at the end***

See . . . what had happened was . . . .

My wife and I went to a poker run that started at the HD dealership. At the time I was riding a 2012 Kawasaki Voyager. I saw the salesman she bought her bike from walking through the parking lot, and thinking I was Mr. Smart Man, said, "Whenever you can make me a good enough deal to warrant trading my bike in I just might buy a Road Glide." His response was, "I have the pencil, I'll make the deal whatever it needs to be." Needless to say, a few hours later I rode home on a 2013 Ultra.

So far, I installed the Kuryakyn Longhorn highway pegs I had on my prior ride, installed Heritage Style Bars, put on a 12" Windsplitter, and did the garage door mod so many others have done. As soon as the big brown truck gets here I'll have a set of crash bars for the bags. Next addition will be the Zumo 660.

It'll be slow going, but I'm loving this bike already. Anyway, here she is. BTW, my road name is Gonzo. Makes the "Gonzomobile" thing make a little sense at least . . .

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hey Gonzo

Welcome to the Tank from a displaced Hoosier in West Alabama.
Congrats on the new skoot.
Thanks for your service.
Feed the mod monster.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Man that is one good looking ride :)

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Soooooo,

Now that I realized my photobucket cleanup killed all my photos on this thread, I decided to take some new ones.

I have had my ride right around a year, and it has been an awesome one. Had a couple glitches, but overall, an awesome bike. I even have a signed permission slip to trade on a 2015 and I think I'm gonna just keep rolling on this one because I love it so much. Anyway, not going to list what all I've done because it's in the pics, but here it is. Chopped tour pack backrest and the rear fender fascia mod will probably be the next two mods.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did the rear fender/fascia mod like many have done. Made me nervous drilling 6 holes in a perfectly good fender, but everything fit very well. Thanks to following another member's thread, the light plugged right in and required zero modifications.

Before anyone says anything, yes, I know my pipes are dirty . . . :D

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally got done installing my birthday/Christmas presents.

Went with the Jackpot 2/1/2 ceramic coated stainless steel header, 4" jackpot mufflers, Fuel Moto intake, and the Power Vision, all from Fuel Moto. Ran into a couple snags during the install, but Fuel Moto was there to answer my questions, and everything is done now. The bike sounds AWESOME!!! Also installed a couple other pieces of chrome . . .

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks nice! I'm digging your flags!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks! I got the mounts from Pro Pad. They weren't cheap, but let me fly flags while still being able to actually use the luggage rack.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So finally got the wheels I have obsessed over for literally years. Performance Machine Luxe in stock sizes. Didn't want to go bigger out of fear I'd bend a rim on a pothole.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts