1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Just a heads up to a great YouTube channel that will come in handy from time to time.

Ryan makes great video's on how to work on your bike and he has many videos.

Just wanted to pass along his link and I'm sure you all will be impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrappy587/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrappy587/videos

Swomack
I've watched several of Ryan's YouTube videos in the past. He always strikes me as being very objective and honest, unlike some YouTubers who appear to be easily swayed by swag they receive from vendors who are anxious to have their wares hawked by "independent" reviewers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am subscribed to both channels mentioned. while I do like Ryan's content, I wish he would ease off the pushing of his law abiding biker stuff. I realize that he is just trying to make a few $$$ but i feel it degrades content.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Great post swo, been following him for a bit. He definitely has a passion for harley's and puts out some good videos. Did not put 2 and 2 together on the fact he was a Leo. Now if we could just get him off that batwing....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ryan is a motorcycle cop up in Washington state.

That's where the Law Abiding Thing came from.

This guys lives for riding.

Swomack
yeah, i get that. I have no problem with L.A.B. it's just that to watch his videos, you have to sit through his sales pitch. no one likes a pushy salesman.

now, his podcasts, I haven't even been able to get through a single one. There is just too much, "sponsor me one patreon, we have a Facebook page for our patreon sponsors"

As i said his content is great and very informative but sometimes it can be a struggle to keep watching.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
yeah, i get that. I have no problem with L.A.B. it's just that to watch his videos, you have to sit through his sales pitch. no one likes a pushy salesman.

now, his podcasts, I haven't even been able to get through a single one. There is just too much, "sponsor me one patreon, we have a Facebook page for our patreon sponsors"

As i said his content is great and very informative but sometimes it can be a struggle to keep watching.
I agree, always seems like a sales pitch to me

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's a guy trying to make a buck to keep his deal running, that offers great how to videos and is totally into motorcycles.

I'm good with that.

It's the American way.

He does have some great informative videos.

He does have some cool stuff for sale.

Got a good deal on my V&H FP-3 unit in his store.

Thanks for throwing out some good videos Ryan if your watching.

Very helpful.

Swomack

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just a heads up to a great YouTube channel that will come in handy from time to time.

Ryan makes great video's on how to work on your bike and he has many videos.

Just wanted to pass along his link and I'm sure you all will be impressed.

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrappy587/featured

https://www.youtube.com/user/scrappy587/videos

Swomack
#1 on that! Ryan and his crew are the real deal. They live and breathe this stuff. Yes he is a local motor officer. He can out ride just about all of us. I have watched him compete in a motor officer training competition, it isn't easy. Yes he promotes his channel with much enthusiasm... it keeps the videos happening. I may be a little biased as we ride the same roads. Just my 02 cents. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I feel like it's part of the cost to watch a well put together video. I trust his content so I will also deal with the sales pitch. If it's the same video I am watchng again, I just skip ahead. I do agree that it gets tiresome listening to everyone's sales pitch, but I also want the good videos to keep coming. These guys put a lot of effort into these things, they deserve some compensation.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I feel like it's part of the cost to watch a well put together video. I trust his content so I will also deal with the sales pitch. If it's the same video I am watchng again, I just skip ahead. I do agree that it gets tiresome listening to everyone's sales pitch, but I also want the good videos to keep coming. These guys put a lot of effort into these things, they deserve some compensation.

Well Stated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts