Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many dollars worth of prizes do you think we have for the "Big Raffle"? $5,000.? $10,000? More? Tracy told me today that according to her list, we currently have $18,500. worth of prizes that will be raffled off. And that doesn't include a handful of other items that are in route. PLUS, I'm aware of three other prizes that are coming in that total approx. $700, that she's not aware of.

So all together we'll have right around $20,000. worth of prizes available for the winning!

WOW! That's unbelieveable!

Again, a great BIG "Thank You" goes out to TracyB for her efforts, and to our sponsors, members, and other supporters for their generous prize donations. You all rock!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Now remember people, this is a raffle of products that have all been donated to us. The proceeds from the raffle do a couple things.

#1. It provides "seed" money to cover the start-up costs of next year's Shark Week, and covers this years bills that weren't covered by the seed money generated from last year's raffle.

#2. Most importantly, after the expenses are covered, a healthy portion of the raffle proceeds will be given to a local charity. I don't remember the amounts from the last 2 years, but it was a pretty decent amount of money that goes to a good cause.

Even though they probably deserve it, nobody is "making" any money off the raffle, not this year's hosts, not next year's hosts, nobody is getting paid. All of it goes where it is supposed to.

We have nearly $20,000 worth of products, with not a "clinker" in the bunch as far as I'm concerned. Somebody can use everything that will be on the tables.

$20,000 worth of goodies, and 250 people in attendance. That's less than $100/person, a large portion of which will go to charity. I'll be dropping my share of tickets in the mix for sure.

Cough it up folks, it's well worth it, and you might just get some neat stuff.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
+1 Well said. I would only add a reminder that the charity we chose this year is a local Shriner's group and our entire donation will be earmarked specifically for St. Jude's Children's Hospitals. They do miraculous work and never turn anyone down, regardless of their ability (or inability) to pay for the medical services.

·
Registered
558 Posts
+1 Remember, there is no cost for the event to you, no poker runs, no fee for the event rides that many groups use to make funds. We negotiate group rates for hotels and in these case, reduce price for whale watching, free beer for Monday etc. Make sure you bring some money and buy tickets, it is an investment for future rally's and potential goods for your bike.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
+1 Well said. I would only add a reminder that the charity we chose this year is a local Shriner's group and our entire donation will be earmarked specifically for St. Jude's Children's Hospitals. They do miraculous work and never turn anyone down, regardless of their ability (or inability) to pay for the medical services.

Classy bro. Nice charity.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
....... buy lots of tickets folks, it's for good cause(s) and who knows, this could be the grand prize

........... probably not, but hey, we can dream

1 - 8 of 8 Posts