Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The bike only pings from 2500 rpm up at partial throttle, you need to downshift and get more rpm to accelerate with partial throttle"

Service MANAGER explaining to me that his dyno guys are doing ok.....

How long have the 103's been running with 255's? 10+ years?

New candidate for dumbest thing a Harley Manager has ever said to me... :emoGroan:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I've got SE 255's in my 103. No ping, just go. So, it can be done. I'm using PV tuner with a map from Jaime at Fuel Moto.:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What?

Can't be, the HD service manager told me so!:D

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
DOOFUS HD must have opened a Service Mgr certificate program, no mention of a spinach additive for and extra $100:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Typical Harley Dealer BS

"The bike only pings from 2500 rpm up at partial throttle, you need to downshift and get more rpm to accelerate with partial throttle"

Service MANAGER explaining to me that his dyno guys are doing ok.....

How long have the 103's been running with 255's? 10+ years?

New candidate for dumbest thing a Harley Manager has ever said to me... :emoGroan:
They all seen to spout the same crap when they don't know how to fix something properly. I was told the same story with my bike. Took it to different shop and they were able to do the impossible. Maybe someone can suggest a good shop in your area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all from Russian North!!!
There is only TWO things for delete pinging (I prefere detonation-knock determination as an automotive diagnost)
1) richness AF mixture(first of all if I see knockin I made AFR more rich to 11.5-12.5AFR in this area)
2) ignition retardation

For my tuned Mitsubishis its work!!!

Thus - you need recalibrate your maps.
Sorry for my poor english.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved!

:D

Roy at Bumpus Whitten Road of Memphis totally saved the day and has made the bike run BEAUTIFULLY!:p

110/95 sae 5 dyno:D

Loaded with 450# of driver, passenger and gear the bike pulls cleanly away from 1900 rpm.;)

Acceleration is brisk, deceleration is clean and pop and gurgle free.:)

The bike is SMOOTH!:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts