Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 09 Roadie off on a 2013 Midnight Pearl RGU last fall because I simply fell in love with the color and was toying with adding a tourpak for trips and not happy with the motor build that was in my old one. I bought the bike with intentions of deleting the trunk and running stripped down most of the time. Usually living in the midwest I like to work on my bikes in January, but a job change and move to Iowa from Kansas City didn't allow me to start work until a few weeks ago. Here she goes:

As it came into the shop, I added a Dragula 2:1 w/ghost pipe, TMax tuner, Woods air cleaner, and 13" Madstad last season, as well as a couple knick nacks from the stealer. 2400 miles at this time.

Ripped off tourpak, inner/outer fairing, rear fender, and fitted up 16x1.25 Carlini Flyin' Apes

I bought a RGC rear fender off eBay, and fitted a Russ Wernimont Designs steel fender extension to it. This will be welded and smoothed into one piece, and will have Custom Dynamics LED cluster setup with curved plate bracket. Don't mind the farm bags, they're in paint right now to go on another bike!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now onto the tank, I bought a Bagger Nation dash from a forum member and test fitted before paint.
Before:

After:

As she sits now. I got the front end taken apart last weekend for powdercoat and Monotube install, also got the bars wired and tank removed for more wiring. I travel throughout the week so I only have weekends to make this happen, it's time consuming!

The rest of the build is as follows:
Contrast Daymakers
Detachable Tourpak
CVO lower fairing speaker boxes
MCC modded seat
Hawg Wired 400W amp with ZX speakers
21/17 Hogpro Deviate wheels
Midnight pearl painted inner fairing, dash, midframe deflectors, and headlight bezel
Some more misc. parts that I can't think of.

More to come next weekend!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Ride's lookin' sweet, Brandon. If you're coming to Shark Week, don't be insulted if I avoid you. The more I look at your bike, the more money it's going to cost me!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Wow, looks like your taking it on all at once. Can't wait to see it when its all put back together.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i am very much looking forward to seeing the finished bike looks great !!!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm excited to show everybody the final result, because that means I'll be riding it! Everything except the titanium face gauges (backordered) is in transit right now, Drago's is hooking me up with the audio, pcpain on the H-D parts, and I've bought some odds and ends from a few great forum members! Also ordered a full set of Magnum Black Pearl brake lines and clutch cable, should look stellar with the midnight pearl paint and mix of black and chrome. I should have the front end, bars, front fender, and a big ol chrome wheel on by Saturday!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 52 Posts