Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You were lucky it wasn't a state trooper.
I know that is right! There are one or two of them who hang out up there all the time, especially on weekends. I was told one by a local that one of the THP guys rides in that area on his own sportbike, knows all of the hiding places, all of the tricks. They have officers in the trees with radar guns that radio ahead. I think that is what happened to me.
It is best to stay away from the Dragon Fri-Sun. Even that Deputy, who is a motor officer, told me that. We were there early on a Saturday, about 0730, it did not matter. It is a high enforcement area, and it has to be. There are several people killed on that 11 miles every year, mostly from acting a fool or riding over their skill level.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Lucky you only got a warning. When I did the dragon I only went the speed limit and then I almost got into a head on collision with some asshole on a Honda who thought it was fun to go as fast as he could around the curves, he crossed over into my lane in a curve and I was just barely able to avoid him. That is a dangerous section of hwy and I think all speeders should get a ticket, 11 dead but he didn't tell you how many where injured. JMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts