Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Harley wants $140 for this hi/low beam remote garage door opener...that won't work with my Daymakers

So being that my truck is programmed to open my garage door, I opened up my Craftsman opener and soldered a $13 Harley momentary switch to the mother board. It's the same switch that's used to change functions on the odometer

A simple 3/8" hole between the speedo and tach and presto, a $13 remote garage door opener! Yeah I know, I didn't get the hole centered, trust me, that's not like me, damnit.

Wade

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
thats what i did on my old bike, but i just can't bring myself to drill a hole in this cvo color matched housing.....

so for now, i have to do it the hard way and actually get off the bike to shut or open the garage door... oh the humanity!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
thats what i did on my old bike, but i just can't bring myself to drill a hole in this cvo color matched housing.....

so for now, i have to do it the hard way and actually get off the bike to shut or open the garage door... oh the humanity!!!! :D
I am with ya. I get off the bike, in the front door, turn off alarm, back to bike, open garage door and in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
This one works off of the horn.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack246
Nice idea. Where did you mount the mother board at??

I just put the remote back together and fit it inside the speedo housing.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Great Idea ~ the HD one seemed to mess up my cages ability to open the garage ~ not sure why this was ~ I got the aftermarket that works with the Headlights on the 12 ~ works fairly well... About $79 ~

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Key Fob door opener stuck in the left glove box. Cost: $35.00 from Lowe's. Only mod to put it in? Velcro pad on the fob and at the front of the glove box.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I did the same thing and I can't live without it now. The battery died on my remote and instead of opening the garage by getting off and entering the code on the door remote, I just turned around and went to the hardware store to buy a battery and install it and then use it to open the garage. I know I know, but hey it was an excuse to continue riding.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Did this a couple years ago. It's always fun to watch the HD techs use that button to check the odometer.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had tis done for a few years now. Stock garage door opener with a momentary contact button in place of the opener switch. It easier to do on some model openers that others (the remotes are very sophisticated on some) A friend of mine made a tab that I mounted on the lower switch housing bolt on the clucthc side. Work perfect everytime. My remore is mounted in the lower right side cover area on top of the abs module.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Flash 2 Pass

I too use the Flash 2 pass unit, had it on my old bike, removed it and when I installed the Daymakers on my '13 RGC it worked perfectly. Got it on Amazon for $70.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you've ever soldered before you can do it. I just took a 65" piece of wire, bared both ends and started "connecting" solder points where the button was, once I found them, I soldered the switch on, simple.

Wade

Looks good. I think I'm gonna do this to my bike. How difficult was the soldering?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts