Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

last week I got the new Stage 2 "Rockford Fosgate" from Harley Davidson.

The only drawback is the big ass amp

The new position of the amp is the saddle bag

What we are going to try is to get it under the fairing and connect the amp there. This does mean that a lot of cutting/splitting is required in the supplied wiring harness.

The idea is to take pictures and I will share them here. I'm curious to hear what sound the new speakers and amp will make.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cool! Will wait for your review
But i think it will be better than BOOM audio, but still not as good as aftermarket systems

·
Registered
580 Posts
Wonder if you can swap the HD Boom 2 fairing speakers with the new rockford boom fairing speakers and still use the HD BOOM 2 amp.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Iam sure this will be heads and tail above the Boom units. Good luck in your install

·
Registered
580 Posts
how many sets of speaker wire connectors are on the new speakers ? Is it just one pair and then the xovers in the speakers separate the frequencies or are there separate connectors for the tweeters.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how many sets of speaker wire connectors are on the new speakers ? Is it just one pair and then the xovers in the speakers separate the frequencies or are there separate connectors for the tweeters.
Did not have the time to check the cables. This is just one of the 2 boxes with cables

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,541 Posts
I though the saddle bags were for bigger speakers, amps and compressors for aftermarket shocks and slamming the bike.
I am able to fit an amp and a compressor in my fairing 😁

Looks like the amp is designed to mount in the bag nicely so it doesn't take up a ton of room, but if someone is using saddle bag luggage it may not fit with the amp installed.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm in for whatever this teaches. I want to upgrade but definitely not giving up any saddlebag space.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Wonder why the picture of the amp does not look like the amp you have?
I am interested in hearing the reviews of this system.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,541 Posts
It seems like a lot of money for a 400W amp. I will admit I don't know anything about audio and I may be this amp is better than what I am reading the specs at. I am sure it will work nicely when paired with the HD/RF speakers but it seems a bit under powered for the price and size.
Harley-Davidson Audio powered by Rockford Fosgate - Amplifier 400W 4-Channel (Primary) - 76000997 | Harley-Davidson USA
Not to say you wont be happy with it @[email protected] Like others, I await your review on the system.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I’m with Ike. Seems to be a lot of energy being put in to re-engineer and overpriced, underperforming suite of products when better sound could be had for less money without the need to take up bag space and re-configure anything. None of my business, time or money so maybe I should just shut it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 102 Posts