Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Prices like that is another reason why the MOCO is in trouble. That is well over $1K in labor to install an amp and speakers.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It should say MY DEVICES at top of the page and give you a '+' to add a new device on next page.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have you tried to turn on Location on your phone? I don't know why but most of all bluetooth devices now asking for location services enabled

·
Registered
642 Posts
When someone says, “Harley Davidson grade,” or “HD made,” I hear, “military grade” and run from it like minors run from the sniff and smell of Joe Biden.

Reactions: vhmike73 and Zedbra

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,101 Posts
Nice video sound clip. Report back on how it sounds at highway speed.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Nice video sound clip. Report back on how it sounds at highway speed.

I life in The Netherlands, it's winter out here., its like 33F. I hope in 1 month I'm able to ride my bike again.

·
Premium Member
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,101 Posts
I life in The Netherlands, it's winter out here., its like 33F. I hope in 1 month I'm able to ride my bike again.
Haha, same here in the northern US, forecasted single digits this weekend. I meant when you got back on the road, after the white stuff melts, the salt is washed off the roads and temps where you don't need exploratory surgery to find your nuts.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wonder if you can swap the HD Boom 2 fairing speakers with the new rockford boom fairing speakers and still use the HD BOOM 2 amp.
I spoke direct to Harley a day or two after the 2021 release. I was informed I had to purchase a whole new system. Currently have Boom II and wanted to just replace speakers. Again told they won't work off harley amp. Have you added the cost of the RF? I think you could get a custom system that's better for a few bucks more!

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Haha, same here in the northern US, forecasted single digits this weekend. I meant when you got back on the road, after the white stuff melts, the salt is washed off the roads and temps where you don't need exploratory surgery to find your nuts.
Yes of course..

I spoke direct to Harley a day or two after the 2021 release. I was informed I had to purchase a whole new system. Currently have Boom II and wanted to just replace speakers. Again told they won't work off harley amp. Have you added the cost of the RF? I think you could get a custom system that's better for a few bucks more!

there is always more and better, you can make it as crazy as you want.

I have shown in an earlier post what it costs are to get such sets to Europe. The RF HD set in this case was not much more expensive. I am very happy with the performance and the set is certainly not outperforming the aftermarket sets you can get now.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The bike is back together and everything works. The exception is the APP to control the amp.

Thanks to "West Coast Motors " (https://www.westcoastmotors.nl) who managed to install the AMP under the fairing. Thanks WCM and Chris.

·
Super Moderator
9,775 Posts
The bike is back together and everything works. The exception is the APP to control the amp.

Thanks to "West Coast Motors " (https://www.westcoastmotors.nl) who managed to install the AMP under the fairing. Thanks WCM and Chris.

View attachment 423305
View attachment 423306
View attachment 423307
Congrats Tom!
As long as You are Happy with “The Results” that is all that matters.
Enjoy Your Glide and New Audio System Brother.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Similar temps here in Western Colorado Tom. Looking forward to your sound quality impressions at highway speeds as well, mostly because I'm curious to know if H-D is still using a ".bin" file which automatically kicks-in when the motor is running. This dramatically alters the EQ curve in order to "protect" their equipment from warranty claims. They know that the typical rider will dial up the volume to overcome highway noise, often to the point of damaging the system. Upgraded my 2015 FLTRUSE to the BOOM! Audio Stage II system and it sounded quite impressive in the garage with motor off, but disappointed at highway speed. That was 4 years ago; hope that's no longer the case for your system.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Curious about how the wired the system. Did they cut and splice the upgraded harness or did they make their own? Seems like the ECM connections would be the most difficult, the speakers would be shorter, power is simple to modify,

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Curious about how the wired the system. Did they cut and splice the upgraded harness or did they make their own? Seems like the ECM connections would be the most difficult, the speakers would be shorter, power is simple to modify,
by relocating the wires, a lot of the wires are placed in the tunnel, they had to extend the + and -

If you want to be sure... drop WCM a message,
They are always willing to help.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It likely doesn’t matter, but I’d be thinking it potentially blows up the warranty on the new RF Stage 2 components when you do a non-standard installation. Just offered food for thought.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
It likely doesn’t matter, but I’d be thinking it potentially blows up the warranty on the new RF Stage 2 components when you do a non-standard installation. Just offered food for thought.
It was installed by the dealer, if I have any issues, the will just have to solve it. That's why I went to the dealer.

61 - 80 of 105 Posts