Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
265 Posts
Which Boom Audio system did you replace? I have the Stage 2 amp and stage 2 speakers.

How is the bass?

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
Which Boom Audio system did you replace? I have the Stage 2 amp and stage 2 speakers.

How is the bass?
Please clarify the stage 2 amp part of your comment. They only have one Boom amp. Stage 2 is the speakers which takes two of the four channels of the amp per speaker location. IE, 2 sets of wires from the amp to each location. I have the Stage 2 with 2 amps on my CVO and it's 2 channels per location.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·

How is the bass?
I like the whole setup, the bass is good, its not your subwoofer like at home.

I still had the standard setup the bike came with.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Any idea what needed to be done with this piece? I'm assuming it still needed to be used somehow?
View attachment 423911

Is that the part you have to use when you place the amp in the saddlebag? I didn't have that part in the boxes I ordered.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Please clarify the stage 2 amp part of your comment. They only have one Boom amp. Stage 2 is the speakers which takes two of the four channels of the amp per speaker location. IE, 2 sets of wires from the amp to each location. I have the Stage 2 with 2 amps on my CVO and it's 2 channels per location.

the new stage 2 is much better than the old stage 2. It has more power, more bass.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is that the part you have to use when you place the amp in the saddlebag? I didn't have that part in the boxes I ordered.
Yea that is the part if doing a saddle back install, but if you look at it, there are 2 wires that plug into it from the wire harness side but only 1 wire coming out of it that gets plugged into the amp. So without that piece, how are you plugging 2 plugs into the amp?

·
Registered
2020 Road Glide Special
265 Posts
They have.a Boom Stage 2 as well as Stage 2 speakers.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
What's the difference between a stage 1 amp and a stage 2 amp?

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.
I believe the amp is the same, it's the speakers. Stage 1 (2 way) & stage 2 (3 way)

Stage 1 speaker - 4 ohm - 25mm Tweeter.
Stage 2 speaker - 2 ohm - 20mm Tweeter and 30mm Midrange speaker.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
If you didn't order the amp installation kit how did you get the wiring harness?
Unfortunately, I can't tell you that. I ordered those stage 2 speakers from the dealer and specified that I did not want an amplifier in my saddle bag. They then ordered the parts.

I myself opened up the boxes and it didn't include that part at the time.

·
Registered
Road Glide Special 2020
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Great work fellow Dutchie :) What would you consider the maximum size amp you could fit there? Looking at your pictures, it seems like it could me a bit wider (left & right)?
===========
Hey, you okay? You have plenty of room left. do you mean in thickness or width ? Do think about cooling and any cables that still need to go in.

You definitely have about 3 or 4 cm left on each side. In thickness it can also take another cm or 3

=======

He, alles goed? Je hebt nog genoeg ruimte over. bedoel je in de dikte of de breedte ? Denk wel aan koeling en eventueel kabels die er nog in moeten.

je hebt zeker nog een centimeter of 3 a 4 aan elke kant. In de dikte kan hij ook nog wel een centimeter of 3 hebben.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all,

last week I got the new Stage 2 "Rockford Fosgate" from Harley Davidson.
View attachment 423014
View attachment 423015

The only drawback is the big ass amp

View attachment 423016

The new position of the amp is the saddle bag
View attachment 423017

What we are going to try is to get it under the fairing and connect the amp there. This does mean that a lot of cutting/splitting is required in the supplied wiring harness.

The idea is to take pictures and I will share them here. I'm curious to hear what sound the new speakers and amp will make.
I have a real stupid question and I admit I didn’t read the entire post but why would you buy the Harley fosgate kit when this kit from revzilla has the plug and play set up with the amp bracket already included. I’m not being a smart ass. I’m asking because this is the route I plan on going. I put boom audio II in my 2016. It was a total waste. I’m trying something different in my 2021 and I liked the ideal of the templates to use the stock speaker lids.

·
Registered
5,985 Posts
I have a real stupid question and I admit I didn’t read the entire post but why would you buy the Harley fosgate kit when this kit from revzilla has the plug and play set up with the amp bracket already included. I’m not being a smart ass. I’m asking because this is the route I plan on going. I put boom audio II in my 2016. It was a total waste. I’m trying something different in my 2021 and I liked the ideal of the templates to use the stock speaker lids.
Maybe you should go back and read the entire post and you'd have your answers instead of posting up making yourself look like an idiot.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts