Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to know, is the new gloss black S.E. worth putting on my RG 2019 special? looking at gaining a little power but want to keep mpg somewhat.
what is everyone take on this? what is the full exhaust I should be using? along with fuel managment

·
Registered
910 Posts
Look at Vance and Hines, S & S,... lot of different aftermarket places out there. Lot better and not as expensive.

So grab your favorite adult beverage and a comfy seat and do a search on your favorite bike buying parts place and start looking. Lots out there. Or go to the local indy and see what they have on display and see which one grabs you by the balls and you have to buy.

You can do the entire thing or just the mufflers. All depends on how much you want to do and how much you want to pay.

And of course do you care about the warranty....

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Anytime brother. Let us know your thoughts and maybe help in which direction to go. (Which suck or dont).

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you are just looking for slip-ons and keeping your header for warranty reasons, then I’d suggest looking at the S&S MK45s. I had then on mine for a minute before changing the headers and everything.

If you are looking for a full exhaust, including headers (willing to void your warranty) then I like the RC Components Tormentor headers and Torx mufflers. I ran that setup until I went to the 124 and 2:1 when I switched to the S&S Windsplitter.

I can personally recommend each owe of those setups as I ran them all on my 2018.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am wanting to know, is the new gloss black S.E. worth putting on my RG 2019 special? looking at gaining a little power but want to keep mpg somewhat.
what is everyone take on this? what is the full exhaust I should be using? along with fuel managment
I bought my 2020 RG Special and had the dealer install the S.E. high flow exhaust system. This was not the right exhaust for me. I loved the look of it with the slash cut end caps it perfectly matched the contour of the bags. but the sound was way to quiet. barely above the stock pipe / mufflers.

2 months later I replaced it with the Vance and hines header with Hi-out put mufflers much better. This is my 4th Roadglide, and I have previously had Vanes and Hines pipes / mufflers, so I may be partial to their sound.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts