Road Glide banner

Where to go for the next BBQ Run

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a very UN-scientific poll. The author is under no obligation to follow the results. As with the Memphis Run, the next destination will be decided by the following methods...

"Hey Tracy, where do you want to go for the Next BBQ Run?"
"When is Frankie off?"

That is it. As to the choice of BBQ at the destination, that was done by Google...

Find the good places in town... now...
Who has a big parking lot and plenty of room inside?

Choices are based on this article... Seems to be a good one, and we've hit 3 of the 10 so far

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've been to Lockhart, TX, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN and live in Atlanta, GA. Lexington, NC sounds good to me. Let us know as soon as you have the dates so we can plan to be there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
This is a very UN-scientific poll. The author is under no obligation to follow the results. As with the Memphis Run, the next destination will be decided by the following methods...

"Hey Tracy, where do you want to go for the Next BBQ Run?"
"When is Frankie off?"

That is it. As to the choice of BBQ at the destination, that was done by Google...

Find the good places in town... now...
Who has a big parking lot and plenty of room inside?

Choices are based on this article... Seems to be a good one, and we've hit 3 of the 10 so far

Don't forget about Little Rock Arkansas.... Whole Hog BBQ was a national BBQ champion and their BBQ is fantastic... Plus lots of great riding very close (Hot springs, Talamina Dr)...

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
So many BBQ joints, so little time!!! :D

Bleachy, you better believe newbies are welcome!

As for my vote, I say NC next. They also have a BBQ fest in Oct!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
i wish

Insert sarcasm with my vote above only because I likely will not be able to attend any of the selections. I will however enjoy vicariously through all participants that choose to share photos and reviews!

I will be bbq'ing in my backyard often!
cheers!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Insert sarcasm with my vote above only because I likely will not be able to attend any of the selections. I will however enjoy vicariously through all participants that choose to share photos and reviews!

I will be bbq'ing in my backyard often!
cheers!
Don't rule anything out; Canada was represented in Memphis!:eek:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
No such thing as newbies. Just Gliders we ain't met yet.

Tim - my vote would go to a place that you don't have listed and isn't in the article. It's near Brandenburg, KY and the restaurant is called "Basham's On the Hill". I hear the head chef, FrankieB, can make some mean BBQ.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Tim - my vote would go to a place that you don't have listed and isn't in the article. It's near Brandenburg, KY and the restaurant is called "Basham's On the Hill". I hear the head chef, FrankieB, can make some mean BBQ.

I vote for that!!! Closer to home. I am going to be just East of there in a little over two weeks to check out some of the bourbon trail, I hear it is great riding.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

I agree, on both points :D:D:D

We could just make it Nashville, and ride from there. It's only 160 miles! :eek:

·
Registered
860 Posts
Nashville would be fun! Or Lexington, NC would be a good choice too!

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
You know a cook out at the Bashams sounds like a good idea!

Frankie & Tracy you guys should host something this summer!! We can do the bourbon trail ride

Bourbon, Bonfires and BBQ with the Basham's!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts