Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

For those who haven't heard, Smarty (Carol Burks) and I (Scott Wilson) are hosting SWIX in August, 2019. Host hotel reservation details will soon be posted here and on the FB group page. Moving forward, we will post all details on both locations to ensure the word spreads as efficiently as possible.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holy Hell, I will need to spend another week out on the black hills after Sturgis!

Yup! Our dates are for the week after the rally in Sturgis when beer, shirts, and other related goodies are back to reasonable prices and when people can actually ride faster than parade speed. We recognize that many will never to go the rally due to the crowds, costs, etc, and therefore might not ever get to experience all the iconic rides the area offers. Our goal is to bring the Shark Week experience and camaraderie to the Black Hills. If you've never been to Shark Week, you won't want to miss this one.

Stay tuned/subscribe to this thread.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would be interested in sticking around Sturgis after the rally (we usually show up before the official start date anyway) for this. Sounds like a great time. And ripping around on those roads with less traffic will be quite enjoyable

·
Registered
249 Posts
well dang. I teach school and would have to report by that time. Had it been the week before the rally, I may have been able to pull it off. Been wanting to try one of these meets out anyway.

Might be interesting to see what the cost for some of the shirts and stuff would be after the rally. May get some bargains.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
well dang. I teach school and would have to report by that time. Had it been the week before the rally, I may have been able to pull it off. Been wanting to try one of these meets out anyway.

Might be interesting to see what the cost for some of the shirts and stuff would be after the rally. May get some bargains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG1fgCHvDNQ

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Believe me, we tried for the week before. Vendors and media arrive that week and we had no guarantee of any reasonable quantity of rooms. The room rates for those we could secure were way beyond most of our crowd's finances.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Totally understand all that.
And you can’t schedule to everyone’s needs.

I do plan to be at Sturgis starting about Thursday before through about Monday or Tuesday. Will have to race home to start school. (It probably starts that Wednesday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together. Hopefully my plans can get my ass to Shark Week 9 and I can experience this and some Sturgis!
Hope so. Get hooked up with that Eddie Munster looking guy that lives in your area and ride out. We'll figure out a meet up spot along the way.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Scott and Carol, thank you for all the work put in so far and all the work still to come! Can't wait!

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Book your room now, they’ve made them available.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts