Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
802 Posts
I'm no expert when it comes to beer, but would transporting on the bike affect it at all? Especially if it gets warm?
Warm isn't too much of an issue, I am only about 4 hrs away this year. It's more of where to put this Growler in my limited space. the OL has all the room taken for now if you know what I mean... :)

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
802 Posts
Where in IL are you riding from? I'm in LaSalle, leaving on Monday. It'd be nice to have a riding partner if schedules allow.
I'm not in IL. I am in Western WI. About 25 miles from the Twin Cities on the good side of the river! I'll be coming across mostly on Hwy 8 I suppose on Sunday. Should arrive Sunday afternoon.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Warm isn't too much of an issue, I am only about 4 hrs away this year. It's more of where to put this Growler in my limited space. the OL has all the room taken for now if you know what I mean... :)
I was thinking more about me carrying for seven days.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I'm not in IL. I am in Western WI. About 25 miles from the Twin Cities on the good side of the river! I'll be coming across mostly on Hwy 8 I suppose on Sunday. Should arrive Sunday afternoon.
Our goal is to get to my cousin's place in Apple Valley MN sometime Sat and visit with them for the night then leave Sun after breakfast. Sounds like we might be following along your route.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Where in IL are you riding from? I'm in LaSalle, leaving on Monday. It'd be nice to have a riding partner if schedules allowI'm about 30 miles west of you and leaving Monday. What time are you thinking of heading out?

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
A year ago it seemed like for ever. Now here we are 14 days out. No madder what the world throws to try and mess with it we will be there.
I really envy those of you with nice rides coming in. 70 miles for us. Bike will not even be warmed up when we get there.
As of now the weather looks great. Appleton is considered northern WI. and it tends to be a little cooler there.
Prefect riding weather.
Questions do come up WI has a pretty easy CC law and Honors many CC that do not honor theirs. For those with questions two good easy to use sources.

·
Super Moderator
5,768 Posts
Two queen bed room available at the overflow hotel now available. Unfortunately can't make it. :(:(:(:cry::cry:
Dammit Jack. I was looking forward to meeting you. Hope it’s nothing serious keeping you away, ride safe.

·
Registered
2020 RGS River Rock Gray
802 Posts
Our goal is to get to my cousin's place in Apple Valley MN sometime Sat and visit with them for the night then leave Sun after breakfast. Sounds like we might be following along your route.
Well, we are free all day Sunday, if you want another Ride for the posse, let us know. Depends on if you were hitting 8 after Forest Lake exit on 35 or probably taking 94 East until maybe Eau Claire and hitting 53 North to 8. About 900 ways to get there and since your in WI there is a bar about every 5-7 miles. Hit me up in a PM if you want to ridepool.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Well, we are free all day Sunday, if you want another Ride for the posse, let us know. Depends on if you were hitting 8 after Forest Lake exit on 35 or probably taking 94 East until maybe Eau Claire and hitting 53 North to 8. About 900 ways to get there and since your in WI there is a bar about every 5-7 miles. Hit me up in a PM if you want to ridepool.
Haven't looked at routes. Gotta trailer for this one. The back is still giving me fits.

Reactions: Ickshter

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
Monday the first Appleton.
High of 85 degrees.low of 61 over night
24% chance of rain
Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High around 85F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
Humidity 68%
Not a bad day at all for August.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Hello Folks,

This is what you’ve been waiting for... The event site for Sharkweek 12, in Appleton Wisconsin, has been opened for event registration. This will be your chance to join up with some of the best folks around from the best motorcycle forum. We look forward to seeing you there!

The event will take place from August 2-4, 2022, with most attendees arriving on the 1st and departing on the 5th.

For hotel pricing, registration and location details please visit: https://www.roadglidenationalrally.com/index.php/sharkweek/hotel

Update - The Doubletree has added 45 more rooms for those wanting to arrive Sunday. If we need more than that we can get more this coming week. Use the booking link (see above) or call the hotel with questions at 920-735-9955.

National Road Glide Rally (Sharkweek) Reminders

1. Please book your room. It's quick and painless and very simple to do. The hotel has already added additional rooms to our block. Be aware that August is prime vacation time in Appleton, so BOOK NOW!

2. Register for the Road Glide National Rally (Sharkweek) at: https://www.roadglidenationalrally.com/index.php/sharkweek/sharkweek-registration Simple to do and it lets us plan accordingly based on the numbers we see.

3. The website for our group has a great history section. Click on the "About Us" link.

4. and finally... everything you need to know about Sharkweek 12 will be posted on the forum, Facebook and on our website at www.roadglidenationalrally.com

Thanks

Brad Miller
SW 12 Co Host
I had a great time (again) with the Shark Week events and "mingling". Thanks to all that were involved with organizing the event! Thanks, thanks thanks! On an unrelated note, some of you know from my 'whining" that my Boom Box/GPS failed on the ride out. On the route back, the low oil pressure light went on after a gas stop in no-where SD with 104 temps. Luckily I had cell phone coverage. H.O.G. could arrange a haul of my bike to Rapid City for $2200 (closest dealer, 250-miles where I broke down). My Foremost insurance could arrange a tow for $1200. That all said, no guarantee the dealer could get to my bike anytime soon during the rally.

I decided to finish the ride to Chamberlain, since my options were thin. I added a quart of oil and drove at 60-mph (2K RPMS). Made it. So my brother-in-law is driving out to Chamberlain SD with my car and trailer tomorrow from Colorado. All good, no more "whining".

Safe travels all!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had a great time (again) with the Shark Week events and "mingling". Thanks to all that were involved with organizing the event! Thanks, thanks thanks! On an unrelated note, some of you know from my 'whining" that my Boom Box/GPS failed on the ride out. On the route back, the low oil pressure light went on after a gas stop in no-where SD with 104 temps. Luckily I had cell phone coverage. H.O.G. could arrange a haul of my bike to Rapid City for $2200 (closest dealer, 250-miles where I broke down). My Foremost insurance could arrange a tow for $1200. That all said, no guarantee the dealer could get to my bike anytime soon during the rally.

I decided to finish the ride to Chamberlain, since my options were thin. I added a quart of oil and drove at 60-mph (2K RPMS). Made it. So my brother-in-law is driving out to Chamberlain SD with my car and trailer tomorrow from Colorado. All good, no more "whining".

Safe travels all!
SOC, that sucks man, let us know how the issues check out
Good meeting you

·
Registered
2017 RGS Olive Gold
383 Posts

Safe travels all!
Before leaving for SW I had something similar. The red oil light would come on intermittently. Turns out it was a faulty Sensor switch and cost under $50 for the part and a simple replacement. Kinda like a spark plug replacement except it was pretty tight quarters behind the front exhaust pipe.....

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Before leaving for SW I had something similar. The red oil light would come on intermittently. Turns out it was a faulty Sensor switch and cost under $50 for the part and a simple replacement. Kinda like a spark plug replacement except it was pretty tight quarters behind the front exhaust pipe.....
Yep, I had a bad pressure sensor about two years and replaced it. It was also intermittent. This time the light is "solid". Don't now if it is another bad sensor or oil pump. Thanks!

101 - 120 of 149 Posts