Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great week, with a awesome group of people. Hope everyone else makes it home safe. Thanks to all the people who put this together and the work they did. See everyone in Texas next year, if not before.

·
Registered
96 Posts
We made it last nite. We had to leave early to attend my son's induction to WVU School of Dentistry. He really wanted to go to Shark week with us but his orientation started this week. We didnt rub in how wonderful it was or anything like that LOL! Thanks to all our new OH friends for letting us ride with them on the way up. On the way home we went through NY City at rush hour, not really that bad. Unnerving was the Autobahn, Rt 15 through Conn. at 85 - 90 mph with no berms and lots of turns and heavy traffic. The speed limit was 55 but these guys were in NASCAR mode. Wow they were flying! If you didn't keep up you would surely get run over! More rough roads in Jersey, every bolt on the bike will have to be checked and something came loose in PA that makes my blinkers act wierd from time to time, or should I say bump to bump! Right now only the rt side is working.

We are safe and sound and had a great week! I wish every one else the same!!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Aviaator and I left the T&C around 0600 and rode the Kank on our way out. Took a little longer route home to avoid NYC got home around 10:00 PM last night.

Thanks to all the organizers of SW it was a great time with awesome people and riding.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Debbi and I just got home and unpacked. I'm going to have to invest in some chap's. Chilly ride yesterday and this morning. Gotta go get the mutts (amazing how much we miss them). Thanks everybody. We had a wonderful time.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Me and Laxinharley made it home yesterday evening. We rode the Kanc on the way home. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it up earlier in the week but did meet some great people. The Town & Country was more than accommodating to our schedule. Thanks to everyone involved who took time out of there own I'm sure busy schedules the past year to arrange SW. Your efforts were successful. Thanks. I'm sure Laxinharley will chime in soon:)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Great time! We had leisurely 2 hour ride home. I passed another member headed home on Rte 93 heading south.
We're trying to figure out how we're going to manage 2 weeks off next year to get to TX.
Safe travels...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Debbi and I just got home and unpacked. I'm going to have to invest in some chap's. Chilly ride yesterday and this morning. Gotta go get the mutts (amazing how much we miss them). Thanks everybody. We had a wonderful time.
Oh yea the leathers will really help, that was some cold riding in the mountains at 0700 hours, and it never really warmed up, at least I didn't get into any rain.

·
Registered
538 Posts
We made it home last night around 9:00 PM. Was a wet and chilly ride ride until we were West of Syracuse.

Was a great week and meet some great people.

Thanks to all who contributed to SW and made it an amazing event

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got home around 2:30 this afternoon. At the 11-90 interchange I noticed a bad noise coming from the Primary, at first I thought Transmission. It is a growling sound that changes with speed, RPM, and gear selection. Had to hold my breath, but I got it home. It has made that occasional Compensator sound when starting, but this is a completely new sound that is constant when the engine is running. This will be #3 if it's the Compensator.:mad:

Other than that I had lots of fun. Thanks to all that put Shark IV together.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I got home Friday 3.5 hrs. Thanks to the Maine Group and behind the scene members who put SW IV together. My misfortune was not spending the entire week and meeting more members.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just made it home. We had a great time, lots of thanks to all that put it on. We (ohio bellboy) made a side trip to Niagara falls this morning for a bit before the rain. First road trip and we will definitely do it again. 2601 round trip miles.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Home.

What a great group to hang with for the week.

Thank you Northwoods and Gman.

The Texas guys really have their work cut out for them.

Hope to see y'all there.

tj

·
Registered
816 Posts
Left the T & C around 8:30 , spoke to some folks on the way out.
Almost ashamed to say I was home at 12:30 Friday noon, after shaking the MJD's hands and knowing what was ahead of them.

Met some super nice ppl and had a good time, glad I attended.

Spoke to Sue's uncle from Boerne TX at a funeral today, (he's a Harley guy) told him I may be in Kerrville 30 miles up the road next June. He said it's a great area, and he was just riding the Twisted Sisters last week. Told us to come on down, see the family, and go for a ride, I wouldnt regret it.

Gonna check my boss's pulse for 2+ weeks off next June :confused:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Made it home about3pm Thanks to north wood & man for everything And a big THANKS to the ohio sharks for letting this old man tag along! Hope they let me go to Texas!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Took the long way home yesterday, turned a 4 hour ride into 12 hours on the road. (West to the VT border, south to Keene, east to Nashua, northeast to Bar Harbor, ME.)
Had a great time, enjoyed meeting most of ya (bite me garvin90) :D
Thanks Kevin and Gman for the effort involved in this....

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
We made it home about 4:30 this afternoon. 2680 miles round trip!

Enjoyed the get together & the riding. Lots of great folks, especially enjoyed meeting Ernie and Barb - hope you guys make it back to SD safely. (even though it sounds like I'll have to fork out for a madstad :) ).

Thanks to all of the organizers, you did a great job. And it was fun to put faces with names here.

Hope we can make it to Texas next year!

Ron

1 - 20 of 99 Posts