Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok
.. we've got a pretty good idea of what the new fairing's gonna look like

..... and over the past year we've all seen what the other Rushmore improvements/modifications look like

...... we know what colors are going to be offered
.... and we've been told there's no RGU for '15 announced (at this point)
we also know that the last time the moco released an rgu ('11), they included a CVO model

..... so, till they actually debut the new FLTR(?) in August, the question becomes, what do we want to dream will be included in the sure-2-be highly anticipated FLTRKSE for 2016 ?
............ i got that thought upon seeing a new Rushmore CVO Ultra being delivered @ PPHD yesterday.
..... All the fairing bling

...... & the wethead 110 & all the SE accouterment got me to imagining how fabulous that'll be if/when they put that se-treatment on the new Road Glide

....... so, till we get something to touch & talk about @ the dealer meeting, what do you want in (or predict for) a future cvo or LTD Road Glide ?
........ engines, colors, bling, what ?

..... i'd like to see a Limited treatment with the 110.... & a cvo w/120.
......... and for gawd sake put led lights on the back of our tour pak's, puhleese.

VERY quick and dirty photoshoped tour pak. (in case your wondering what it would look like)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just sold my 2011 RGU waiting for the new release. I talked to my local dealer and he said no CVO now, but he anticipates mid 2015 release or 2016 August release.

I guess I'm stuck riding my Fat Boy or Electra Glide until the CVO is out. Can't wait.

·
Registered
45 Posts
glad i grabbed a 13, i think the new RG got pumped up way too much and in reality they are no big deal and personally not a fan of the new farring. to each his own. would be sweet ot see them put a 120R on a CVO though

·
Registered
17 Posts
glad i grabbed a 13, i think the new RG got pumped up way too much and in reality they are no big deal and personally not a fan of the new farring. to each his own. would be sweet ot see them put a 120R on a CVO though
I don't blame you. I have NEVER been excited about an updated/new model anything (car, boat, or bike) the first couple years after I buy one. In the past I have even went out of my way to avoid seeing what the model years look like, particularly following a recent purchase. Human nature, I guess. Most folks that aren't "a fan" right now will become big fans in the next 4-5 years. :D

As for me, I suggest they (the MOCO) havnt done enough to pump this release up. Looking forward to August.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I like the look of the fairing. I don't like the idea of a touch screen and needing to lean so far forward to touch it. I wonder if the windshield will be any easier to swap out?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
I like the look of the fairing. I don't like the idea of a touch screen and needing to lean so far forward to touch it. I wonder if the windshield will be any easier to swap out?
The good thing is that you won't have to reach out and touch it unless you just want too. Everthing can be navigated by using the hand controls.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
How's this for speculation???

Has Harley ever leaked any details of an unreleased new bike? As far as I know, the answer to that is a resounding No.

So here's what I think. All the leaked photos were not accidental at all (Well, maybe the eBay fairing was. I would love to know that guys real story). They, HD, allowed the spy shots to be published to get all the shark-heads drooling. And we're doing a pretty good job of that, aren't we?

I bet that come the dealers meeting in August we'll see a surprise Ultra, Limited and maybe a CVO Road Glide as well. As someone in the other Official thread stated, it would be extremely easy to do. They already have all of the Ultra and Limited engineering done for the Batwing, all they have to do is swap fairings.

From a marketing standpoint, It makes absolutely no sense at all for HD to hold back on an Ultra and/or Limited and even a CVO Road Glide. There are lots of folks that are waiting for a Road Glide, as it's been gone for a year. Why let those potential touring customers go, and worry that they may start sniffing around for a Honda or BMW, and loose them forever?

So yeah, I think we'll see more than the bar hopper RG's in a month and a half, despite what dealers are saying...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts