Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 is in the planning stages at this time.

Plans are to enter 'Merica on August 9(ish), 2019 and exit on or about the 17th(ish) of August. Passports or travel visas are required documentation

The Canadian border summer wall of wheat, canola and cheese will be easy to navigate across, the winter wall of ice/snow/sleet will have long since melted.

There will be a daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system as per our usual custom.

Skunks are rated higher this year albeit with a sliding scale for freshness.
Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Completely flattened but with a lingering odour 5 points.
Barely there black and white evidence, 2 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.
All bambi's fresh or otherwise are 8 points and Moose are 12 points.
1/10,000s of point shall be accessed for all bug kills and with butterflys and grasshoppers receiving 5/10,000's each.
All bird strikes regardless of size shall be awarded 25 points.
New this year 2 extra points will be allotted to all roadkill regardless of type that is able to crawl to a Dept of Highways applied lane marking of any color or type.

Live animal sightings of bears, 100 points, elk, 50 points, Jackalopes 1000 points, Antelope 10 points, prairie dogs 1 point a piece (your count number will be believed, no audit will be required)

1 point will be awarded for every mile of gravel ridden thru construction zones. Points are in miles not number of zones and all riders are responsible for keeping their tally intact.

25 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the cutest flag girl (decided by committee)
12.5 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the flag person most with the fewest teeth (decided by committee)
extra 5 points if these two categories can be combined and shot in one photo!!

All tire gators larger than 6" inches square shall be awarded 1 point as well. The annual water tower count shall be conducted again as well. All water towers in towns within eyesight of the route are eligible to be counted. Towers must be within eyesight of the main route, water towers sighted on side trips thru hinterlands for fuel or public restroom or a suitable well hidden ditch will not count.

As usual all riders are responsible for their own daily count and round trip tally. The winner be chosen at random.

Also as per usual, bring your own roll of 4-6 ply toilet paper or extra holed socks as you may require for pit stops at non fuel stops.

Also as usual room assignments are not final, it is up to the individual to make sure that their accommodation each night has been assigned by the quartermaster.

Gas buddy assignments are set on day one and should be loosely adhered too, credit card only minimum 2 to a pump unless the group has an odd number. If there is an odd number then the buddy system shall rotate daily.

No food restrictions this year, if you can stomach it you can eat it. Vegetables are not a required meal. Bacon is required at least once per day.

YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

The Mayor

·
Registered
814 Posts
The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw

Hello Folks,

The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 is in the planning stages at this time.

Plans are to enter 'Merica on August 9(ish), 2019 and exit on or about the 17th(ish) of August. Passports or travel visas are required documentation

The Canadian border summer wall of wheat, canola and cheese will be easy to navigate across, the winter wall of ice/snow/sleet will have long since melted.

There will be a daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system as per our usual custom.

Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.
1/10,000s of point shall be accessed for all bug kills and with butterflys and grasshoppers receiving 5/10,000's each.
New this year 2 extra points will be allotted to all roadkill regardless of type that is able to crawl to a Dept of Highways applied lane marking of any color or type.

Live animal sightings of bears, 100 points, elk, 50 points, Jackalopes 1000 points, Antelope 10 points, prairie dogs 1 point a piece (your count number will be believed, no audit will be required)

1 point will be awarded for every mile of gravel ridden thru construction zones. Points are in miles not number of zones and all riders are responsible for keeping their tally intact.

25 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the cutest flag girl (decided by committee)
12.5 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the flag person most with the fewest teeth (decided by committee)

All tire gators larger than 6" inches square shall be awarded 1 point as well. The annual water tower count shall be conducted again as well. All water towers in towns within eyesight of the route are eligible to be counted. Towers must be within eyesight of the main route, water towers sighted on side trips thru hinterlands for fuel or public restroom or a suitable well hidden ditch will not count.

As usual all riders are responsible for their own daily count and round trip tally. The winner be chosen at random.

Also as per usual, bring your own roll of 4-6 ply toilet paper or extra holed socks as you may require for pit stops at non fuel stops.

Also as usual room assignments are not final, it is up to the individual to make sure that their accommodation each night has been assigned by the quartermaster.

Gas buddy assignments are set on day one and should be loosely adhered too, credit card only minimum 2 to a pump unless the group has an odd number. If there is an odd number then the buddy system shall rotate daily.

No food restrictions this year, if you can stomach it you can eat it. Vegetables are not a required meal. Bacon is required at least once per day.

YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!

The Mayor
Do you have any information or plans regarding the route for this ride?

·
Registered
814 Posts

I’m going to take a stab and say...Calgary to Sharkweek and back to Calgary. Though since I’m not Calgaryglide I should probably let him give you the details. :grin:
Thanks. If by Sharkweek you mean Deadwood this year, I will see you there! Looks like 800-ish miles, or sorry 1,300km, eh :).

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m going to take a stab and say...Calgary to Sharkweek and back to Calgary. Though since I’m not Calgaryglide I should probably let him give you the details. :grin:
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! That's correct. Anyone from the PNW, Nevada, Utah, California that wants to meet up in Great Falls, or Cody, Wyoming, come on down, out or whatever.

Plan is for a short ride Friday afternoon, Calgary to Great Falls. Saturday, Great Falls to Cody, Wy over the Bearthooth Pass and Chief Joseph Hwy and take in the local nightly Rodeo in Cody on the Saturday night. Nice easy day ride into Deadwood on Sunday through Ten Sleep and Buffalo Wyoming, dealer stop in Gillette Wyoming.

For any of you recently retired that find yourself with more time on your hands, come from whatever corner of North America you want to join us for some spectacular scenery and camaraderie.

Will post some hotel suggestions in the next couple.weeks or so for Great Falls and Cody. We usually stay at the Super 8 in GF and the Big Bear Motel in Cody, but looking to change that up this year.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
814 Posts

Don’t “Eh” me! I’m not a Canuck!!! >:) I’m betting I’ll see you there though.
We have a Canadian worker at our small company. He had some immigration issues due to a lawyer's incompetence and was actually here in the US illegally for a short time; hence the term "bacon-back" for Canadians illegally in the US....

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
........... you Canadians sure got a lotta rules fer a motersickle ride
... daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system....
Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
........... you Canadians sure got a lotta rules fer a motersickle ride

Hey, they're not really rules, just suggestions. When the group gets bigly it gets to be like herding cats, so some suggestions to keep things streamlined and moving, like Metamucil!

Yellow glides are always welcome on any Outlaw Alien Cowboy tour!

Calgaryglide, aka the Legal Alien, aka The Mayor, aka Crazy Canuck, aka Can Head, aka Troy

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Sounds like you folks will be headed south the day after I head north on the Beartooth/Chief Joseph.

I like to stop for lunch in Cooke City when I ride there. There is a nice Deli right across the street from the Exxon station.

·
Registered
183 Posts
We seriously need to talk to Trump about that northern border wall....:grin: We just can't have Canadians running willy-nilly through the countryside with their bacon and such!!! Wait I really like bacon. Seriously, hope you guys have a great ride. Just jealousy rearing it's ugly head that I am not able to join in.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! That's correct. Anyone from the PNW, Nevada, Utah, California that wants to meet up in Great Falls, or Cody, Wyoming, come on down, out or whatever.

Plan is for a short ride Friday afternoon, Calgary to Great Falls. Saturday, Great Falls to Cody, Wy over the Bearthooth Pass and Chief Joseph Hwy and take in the local nightly Rodeo in Cody on the Saturday night. Nice easy day ride into Deadwood on Sunday through Ten Sleep and Buffalo Wyoming, dealer stop in Gillette Wyoming.

For any of you recently retired that find yourself with more time on your hands, come from whatever corner of North America you want to join us for some spectacular scenery and camaraderie.

Will post some hotel suggestions in the next couple.weeks or so for Great Falls and Cody. We usually stay at the Super 8 in GF and the Big Bear Motel in Cody, but looking to change that up this year.

Calgaryglide
Retirement...Does July 2019 work C.G........... It's gonna work just fine for me...i hope. haha

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
@calgaryglide, a "friend" told me recently that I was Bat S..t crazy because I went for a ride when it was 20 degrees(farenheit) which at 55mph equals a wind chill factor of -3.7 or -19.8333 celsius. This ride you are planning sounds kinda like that;(Bat S..t crazy) that is, I THINK IT SOUNDS LIKE A HOOT, EH ! If only money were no object; I would be in. Y'all have a great time, eh. :nerd::smile::wink:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
We seriously need to talk to Trump about that northern border wall....:grin: We just can't have Canadians running willy-nilly through the countryside with their bacon and such!!! Wait I really like bacon. Seriously, hope you guys have a great ride. Just jealousy rearing it's ugly head that I am not able to join in.
It's not real bacon, its ham!

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few loop rides we may or may not be taking the Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour on once we reach Deadwood.

Never been to Devils Tower, The Stone House Bar, a couple of must see and do's when visiting the Sturgis area. Join us for this leisurely afternoon ride thru the scenic black hills of SD and Wyoming, some open prairie in back in South Dakota and then thru Spearfish Canyon on the way back to the host hotel.

https://goo.gl/maps/dUE9GiyBYkH2

Here we have the "Center of the Universe Tour". This leisurely jaunt will take us to a lone American Flag and USGS marker set in concrete in the middle of some bald ass prairie north of Belle Fourche. The beauty of the prairie is striking in its simplicity, kinda like what the moon would look like with prairie fescue planted on it. Not for the faint of hear to sissies, this route does contain some gravel and dust. Then its on to Castle Rock, well because its a rock in the middle of the prairies and the well they're just kinda proud of it round those parts. Then we travel due south to JR's BBQ in Piedmont. Now it won't be Texas bbq most likely but it will still be good. After lunch a nice ride back thru the black hills back to the hotel for a swim in the pool.

https://goo.gl/maps/Ab8VgirP95v

The Big Loop. This one will hit many of the highlights but will bypass Mount Rushmore for those that have been there done that and have the T shirt to prove it. Again some narrow winding questionable paved roads on a couple portions of the route but hey, no cobblestones! A four hourish tour depending on the lead riders whim of where photo ops and pee breaks are taken.

https://goo.gl/maps/z7i68oocac42

As always, make sure your tanks and canteens are full, no burrs under the saddle, feet in the stirrups and giddy up n go!

Calgaryglide, Legal Alien Cowboy looking forward to the tour! Yeeeeeehaaaaaawwww!

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update Update Update FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE!!!!

***Sunday August 11, 2019 Tour Itinerary Change***

The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 has announced a routing/timing/tourstop change!!!

The tour will now go past Devils Tower thru Hulett Wyoming on the afternoon of Sunday August 11, 2019 so as to be able to stop at the Stone House Saloon on the last day it is open during the 2019 Sturgis Rally to enjoy a libation before the final procession of the tour into Deadwood!

Come one and come all to this unique outdoor open air bar only open a week or two before the Sturgis Rally and closing at the end of the Rally each year. It is an experience that you will treasure and never forget

The Stone House Saloon; 7 miles West of Belle Fourche, SD on Hwy 34 Belle Fourche, South Dakota 57717

The Fine Print Disclaimer. The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour reserves the right to change the itinerary at any point in time, add stops, remove stops and stop for pictures. The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 is in no way responsible for the accurate content of the advertising of any venue, historic site or commercial company that the tour may or may not stop at. The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 reserves the right to publish any and all images taken by any member of the tour group for use in future satirical memes or advertising for future Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tours or to be used as logos for future tours. The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions that may or may not occur on the itinerary of the tour. All times published are "ish". Ride Safe, have fun but most important of all, ride a Road Glide!

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
I might meet up with the TOACTour but will have to see were I am as the time gets closer. Or just meet up at saloon.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts