Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set out on a silly adventure this morning. Scattered thunderstorms were heading my way and I thought it would be fun to go out and dodge them using the radar on my phone. Here's the radar when I got started. Figured I'd head northwest to Navasota (from the red dot).

Got some breakfast in Navasota but had to leave without finishing my coffee to get in front of the storm coming up from the south. I was having fun and things were going to according to plan. Moving east I was riding through ominous dark clouds with big swings in temperature and wind speed. Went through two quick showers, one with giant rain drops but the RGU keep me 100% dry. I just ducked down behind the windshield and pulled my legs in tight behind the guards. All is well and I'm thinking what an awesome bad weather machine I've got under me. On my last bike (a chopper) I would have been soaked and those drops would have hurt!

Then all hell broke loose. For the next 50 miles, I rode through the kind of rain that would make me nervous in a car! Here's the radar showing the northward movement 70 minutes after the previous radar.

I never took cover and got home very wet and cold, but safe. After a long hot whirlpool bath, I'm feeling great and reflecting on an awesome morning. Yes, it was dangerous and unnecessary and I should be ashamed of myself. I'll try to be more mature and responsible in the future. ;)

Seriously though, the RGU *IS* an awesome bad weather machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ashamed my ass! Ive started some trips in the rain on this bike and its not even an ultra. These are the best bikes out there in my opinion :)

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I continuously go out when a good downpour has started to check out how the rain gear and bike react. Most times I say to my better half that I won't be gone too long...and I try and find the worst direction to head into the storm showers...most times I'm gone longer than planned! Makes her nervous, but I feel this is good practice...has long as I can see and no hail, these machines are great wet riding machine even my FLTR.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I got in my first summer storm last weekend and felt very comfortable on my RGU in the heavy downpour and gusting winds, as stated before as long as I can SEE I don't mind getting wet and keep on riding.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wet Start.

When I picked up my new custom last September it was overcast and damp. After a 3 hour haggle I left on my new ride, 12 miles later it started raining. It rained the rest of the way home which was 252 miles away. Don't go looking for it but don't avoid it either.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When I picked up my new custom last September it was overcast and damp. After a 3 hour haggle I left on my new ride, 12 miles later it started raining. It rained the rest of the way home which was 252 miles away. Don't go looking for it but don't avoid it either.
Hahaha.
Know the feeling. After all morning at the dealer doing paperwork etc for our new ultra, took delivery and it started raining when we pulled out of the lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts