Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm putting together another tour for next years shark week. Its alnost a straight 913 miles from my house to the Inn. I can fix this and add a few miles and stops!

I'll be doing this over a few days and arriving in kerrville on Sunday so that I can lounge a bit and help welcome in all the arrivals on Monday.

The first leg I will leave Omaha after work on Friday the 12th and run down to the St. Joe/KC area. Saturday will bring me down and a little east for Osceola Cheese Co in Osceola, Mo. From here I'll be running towards Tulsa, OK to have a late lunch/early dinner with a buddy. I'll finish the day out south of Okc, OK. Sunday will be spent looking for Texas BBQ and cool pins amongst other forms of dicking around, all while heading in a direction that gets me to Kerrville.

If this sounds like fun for you, you like cheese or BBQ or pin collecting or you just have no clue what your doing and you want to tag along, feel free to join in.

Heres my trip plan so far. Its a rough draft but the high points are highlighted here and atleast one hotel listed. Nothing booked yet, just wanted to see how everything works.
Click --->HERE<---

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
What kind of guarantee are you giving to arriving at your hotels before nightfall? LOL! :)

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Ray I will shoot you some ideas for good BBQ joints that we don't plan on visiting on any of our rides so you don't do any repeats. You will have many to choose from for sure.

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
HHMM 900 to Kerrville from here

1000 ish from here to Omaha

HHMM 900 from Omaha to Kerrville

HHMM math looks good , either way its only 900 miles to Kerrville

Must be that modern math

JtB

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HHMM 900 to Kerrville from here

1000 ish from here to Omaha

HHMM 900 from Omaha to Kerrville

HHMM math looks good , either way its only 900 miles to Kerrville

Must be that modern math

JtB

You said this last year lol. No offense but none of us are holding our breath...

Ray I will shoot you some ideas for good BBQ joints that we don't plan on visiting on any of our rides so you don't do any repeats. You will have many to choose from for sure.
There's never too much BBQ and repeats just mean you get more to sample on the menu!!

So Omaha to the KC area will either be i29 south or a trip through the Loess hills. When I hit Hamburg, Ia I will head south on 275 to 59. Eventually my meanderings will bring me to 13 and some delicious cheese at Osceola. Who knows what lies beyond this... I'll let smells of beer and pork guide me?

·
Super Moderator
9,664 Posts
I aint holding my breath either , but the ante has just been raised , my best friend from high school is 900 miles west of Kerrville and he just bought a wethead limited a couple weeks ago , so if he don't come to Texas with the Az crew I am heading to Az to see his sorry butt

aint seen him since around 1977 or earlier even

JtB

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
I'd like in on these too, please. :D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
You could take Saturday or Sunday and hit Loose Wheels (just south of Oklahoma), Strokers Ice House, and Gas Monkey Grill in Dallas before Heading south to Kerrville. Some good BBQ in the Dallas area also. You won't use their bathroom, but you'll love the food!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For those following this, I have the trip planner listed on the first page. Just like last year Ill update as I find stuff I want to stop and look at. Anyone who wants to follow along, feel free to join in. At this point I'm not committing to any type of gypsy tour as things are up in the air with work. All I know is I will be leaving on Friday night after I get off work and my plan is to be in Kerrville sometime on Sunday. Maybe Monday but most likely Sunday so I can help John and Bob with everyone coming in.

So far it looks like I'll be hitting Osceola Cheese Co., Tulsa, Rt66 HD and ?? before I get there and that all goes into Saturday. All while looking for great BBQ smokehouses and/or bacon joints lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts