Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Wow... ripping tens on a Road glide is mighty impressive. Wonder how it lasts compared to the 124.
Read a post a while back when these just came out that one of the builders stated the 143 was best for racing and not a good choice for everyday touring. Maybe since they have been out a little bit now someone will chime in with some new input. That thing is a beast though. :grin:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's probably not for the everyday touring...but that's the point they were going for. They've stayed that if it doesn't help it go faster or produce power, they didn't have it on there. Yet they have the radio lol. Nice to see them push the limits and use the road glide as a platform. I think they'll try to market it for the street though

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yeah it's probably not for the everyday touring...but that's the point they were going for. They've stayed that if it doesn't help it go faster or produce power, they didn't have it on there. Yet they have the radio lol. Nice to see them push the limits and use the road glide as a platform. I think they'll try to market it for the street though
What is it that makes it not good for everyday touring? Compression is low, thats a great Cam to run with? I am thinking this is a group everyday bike as long as you dont live in the city hehe

·
Super Moderator
9,690 Posts
I kinda sorta believe it 'may go' the distance , maybe not 100k , but since it is 'more at home on the track than the street' , I thinketh their advertising has to direct you away from a street motor application , to cover their anal orifices .. It would be a pain in the butt to put out 10 grand or more for a low mileage motor ..

How much of a compromise did they build into it ??

Or is that just hype ??

I cant see S&S of all people building any junk ..

If they built it as a "street fighter" like we used to do with BB Chebbies and Fords , well it would not have any street manners at all ..

JtB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts