Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason I still call it a shakedown run? It’s the first one packed for moto camping, and it turned into only an overnight.

I got up early to check the ever changing Indiana forecast and adjust our route accordingly. We headed out around 9AM on Sat. 8/31.

The original plan was to stay on two lane, but decided to heed the warnings and beat feet to our destination.

We avoided the storms, but not the heat. Lucked into the last site in the Canal campground, and setup camp with lots of daylight to burn.

More later...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We rode into town to put our name in for dinner. With two and a half hours to kill we walked over to Four Rivers HD.

Strolled around town then sat and watched the boats on the lake.

We finally got our table and had a great meal.

Back at camp the temps. were still way too high so we skipped the fire and turned in with our rain fly wide open. We caught a cool breeze just about the time the rain started around 2:30 AM. so, out I go to button up.
I lay awake for the next 2 hours listening to the storms while my wife saw's logs. (No joke she actually asked me if it rained in the morning):confused:

On a tip from our waiter we found a great spot for breakfast while the gear dried a little.

Packed up and riding north I had a little surprise route.

We skirted more storms by sliding east into Indiana about 30 mi. south of the planned route. Stayed dry all the way into Terre Haute where we surprised our daughters with a meal out. The youngest bumped mom off for her first ride on the glide to home.
Thanks for letting me share!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Kool adventure..........I'll be glad when my wife starts riding with me again......We have a little one now & she has decided not to ride until our daughter gets older (one of those "it would be bad enough if something happened to you- can't take the chance of it happening to both" kinda thing.........Enjoy those rides!!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I know it's not an epic journey, but it's a start. I really enjoy this forum and appreciate the opportunity to participate.:D
thought I was crazy for a moment

hadda make sure I was on the right forum

still a blast I know

love the area

how far is mr bbq from Patti's

JtB
It's about a 1/2 mi. south and on the west side of Dover rd. We plan to spend more time in the area. It's a good distance for short trips for us, but has the size and potential for extended stays too.

Kool adventure..........I'll be glad when my wife starts riding with me again......We have a little one now & she has decided not to ride until our daughter gets older (one of those "it would be bad enough if something happened to you- can't take the chance of it happening to both" kinda thing.........Enjoy those rides!!!!!!
Hang in there your time will come. Our first date, and the wifes first bike ride, was on my '76 FL. We loved riding together then, but family made it tough for alot of years. This year our youngest went off to college, and it's our time now. We both agree that THIS is what our time means.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Enjoyed looking at the pics & reading the trip. Sounds like a great trip to me!

·
Super Moderator
10,192 Posts
Patti's is 400 miles from my door , several times we have ridden up to eat , spent the night and come back home the next day ..

Gonna try to go again this year before it gets too cold in the far north

Wanna spend some time there as well ..

We rode up there mebbe twenty years ago , long before the area had built up like now , in November , 20 degrees when we left my house :eek:

JtB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts