·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good but whats "chapter 1" include?.
"Chapter One" includes everything done up to the time of my photograph, which includes:

Battistins C-Thru Chrome Extended Shift Levers, Shift Arm, Shift Rod, HD Chrome Cylinder Base Cover, and Ram X Mount for phone.

Chapter Two will include Battistinis Chrome C-Thru Rear Brake Lever, Extended Circular Floorboards, HD Chrome Rocker Box Covers (Small caps over zinc top engine bolts), and Chrome Front and Rear Master Cylinder covers.

Chapter Three must get exciting, whatever it is!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cant wait to see the next round of pics :)
I wish I could get the bike's true color to photograph. No matter what lighting or atmospheric conditions there are, the bike either looks red or with a lot of yellows, like Sedona. It really IS Candy Orange...just can't get my camera to agree.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I wish I could get the bike's true color to photograph. No matter what lighting or atmospheric conditions there are, the bike either looks red or with a lot of yellows, like Sedona. It really IS Candy Orange...just can't get my camera to agree.
I hear ya man. Its almost impossible to get true colors to shine through (sorry i didnt realize i was quoting cindy lauper til my gfriend pointed it out :) ). I can never get the camera to work right. I do however like that new candy orange though

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I hear ya man. Its almost impossible to get true colors to shine through (sorry i didnt realize i was quoting cindy lauper til my gfriend pointed it out :) ). I can never get the camera to work right. I do however like that new candy orange though
We're not friends anymore. :D:D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cant wait to see the next round of pics :)
Excellent!! Looking forward to watching the progress.

Thank you! I am in the midst of "Chapter 2". I installed the C-Thru Battistinis rear Brake Lever and Full Length Floorboards. Yes, they are expensive, but yes they can be discounted, and though they are built like bridges and dwarf the original components (save for the brake pad) they are significantly lighter. I cannot overstate the build quality of these items. They make the robust HD billet components I used on my FatBoy almost laughable by comparison.

I finished the job at dusk, so good photos were not possible. Then I had to ride to check them out you understand...

Please keep posted.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A couple of peeks at "chapter 2" Please ignore the heavy fingerprints, the dull incandescent lighting, and the debris on the garage floor. Chapter 2 is changing somewhat, as the appearance of Custom Dynamics 4 way LEDs with smoked lenses arrives tomorrow...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are those isolated in some way like the OEM ones?

Are you referring to the shift levers? If so, yes. They come in single, double, and these which are extended heel toe. Each lever can be "clocked" individually. This is the way I like them, and they leave PLENTY of room for size 13 boots.

Interestingly, sites like Battistinis, Ness, etc., don't even say that this is possible and are losing potential sales. The distributor I bought them from who sell them all day long also said that they were a fixed "V", but double checked to be sure...glad they did! The design of the shift and brake levers are simply outstanding, and as for the floorboards-WOW! At 18" long, I don't need highway pegs as I can stretch out. The semi circle design gets out of the way when putting legs down at traffic lights. At 5" wide in the middle (as opposed to the stock 4"), I no longer need extenders to make them wider. Those little rubber grips offer more adhesion than the full length rubber of the stock boards. How, I have only theories but in reality absolutely no idea, as it defies logic. A truly brilliant design.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts