Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand the stock bars any longer. I'm about 5'10" and have pretty short arms. I'm wanting something 2" or 3" closer and taller than stock. I was thinking +2 sweepers but am open to suggestions. I've sat on Chainsaw's bike and as cool as they look, apes like that just don't work for my alligator arms :mad: What should I look in to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went with a set of Heritage softail bars.... I choose the black ones ... my dealer was happy to install them for me. well worth the cost. No cable change. Very comfy bars. Look in the bar section of the Harley cat.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have the same problem. I sat on one with stock Electra Glide bars on it and it fit me perfect. I have not made the switch yet. I'm trying to con my parts guy at the dealership out of a set of take offs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also looking to change the stock bars on my '09. From what I read, it seems like the bars from the electra are a good alternative with grips being 2-3 inches closer to the body. I'm 5'11" and constantly get the most annoying muscle cramp in the back of my shoulder, just between my blades, after a couple hours of riding. Does this happen to anyone else? Also, does anyone know if the throttle-by-wire is incompatible with heated grips?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am getting my wild ones 10" apes tomm. will post pics and let ya know what I think. I have a 07 model and the stock bars are killing my back.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I went with Wild1 model 517. Very different, but very comfy. Ran the wires internally for a really clean look with the TBW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am 5'9 and the heritage bars were better but not quite enough pullback so I went with the flanders roadglide bars. 16" pullback. They are great!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm also looking to change the stock bars on my '09. From what I read, it seems like the bars from the electra are a good alternative with grips being 2-3 inches closer to the body. I'm 5'11" and constantly get the most annoying muscle cramp in the back of my shoulder, just between my blades, after a couple hours of riding. Does this happen to anyone else? Also, does anyone know if the throttle-by-wire is incompatible with heated grips?
Happens to me and has on every bike I have ever owned (probably 6 or 7). I will eventually try some monkey bars or mini-apes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
wild ones

I just put on the Wild ones WO 515 Chubby 10" apes last night. I have a 07 model and I tell you that 10" is just about as high as you can go. There isnt much room left for the wires. Had to reroute the clutch cable and front brake line.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well I am 6`2 and the reach is very comfortable for me. I had apes on my ole fatboy and they are very comfy.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Well I am 6`2 and the reach is very comfortable for me. I had apes on my ole fatboy and they are very comfy.
Being that I am only 5'6" do you think 12" apes pulled back(pulled back slightly farther than the rake of the front forks) would suit me better?
Or is 10" the way to go?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well well! I see what you're talkin' about now, Chain. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts