Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the grand tradition of Hutmo's Gypsy Tour, I have taken on the task of organizing the west coast version:

The tour will kick off on Monday, July 25 from the famous Rock Store on Mulholland Hwy, we'll cruise along the rugged California coastline, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, ride through the incredible Redwoods of northern California. Then we'll ride to Crater Lake in Oregon, then venture up through Hell's Canyon in eastern Oregon, ride the Rattlesnake up into Washington, take the absolutely amazing highway 12 through Idaho, then turn north and experience one of the most impressive sites on the face of the earth, Glacier National Park. One week after departing we will roll into Canmore and Shark Week VI, having experienced seven days of quite likely the most scenic sites and best roads that can possibly be enjoyed on two wheels. And then we'll get to experience the beauty of the Canadian Rockies on top of all of that! Details to come.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow Ron, Thanks!
That ride is one I definitely don't want to miss!
That being said, you've pretty much guaranteed i'll get a call
for a job I just can't $ay no to.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
732 Posts
3 day ride across the Rockies to meet up with your group to spend a week riding back across the Rockies.... Give this some serious thought!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm in. This WILL be worth the trip to California to join in on this EPIC ride.

Thanks Ron for setting it up. I know that it takes a lot of work to put it all together.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It sucks being on the east coast.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thats no excuse Q, I'm about 400 miles straight north of you and if nuthin' unforseen happens I'm in!!....and you should be too! :grin:

It's about 2170 miles from my house to the start of the Vagabond Tour at the Rock Store :-D

·
Registered
805 Posts
I was looking to make the Canada Sharkweek an epic trip. I think you just did it for me. THANKS
Looking forward to meeting up with my west coast brothers in July.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Joining In

Wish I could make the whole trip with you SOCAL folks. Great group to ride with based on experience.
I will be able to join up with you anywhere in the SF area as you get to this part of the ride.
Gotta start practicing the beer can on the head trick. EH ?
Looking forward to the ride already while sitting here looking at the leg cast. :frown:

·
Registered
329 Posts
In the grand tradition of Hutmo's Gypsy Tour, I have taken on the task of organizing the west coast version:

The tour will kick off on Monday, July 25 from the famous Rock Store on Mulholland Hwy, we'll cruise along the rugged California coastline, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, ride through the incredible Redwoods of northern California. Then we'll ride to Crater Lake in Oregon, then venture up through Hell's Canyon in eastern Oregon, ride the Rattlesnake up into Washington, take the absolutely amazing highway 12 through Idaho, then turn north and experience one of the most impressive sites on the face of the earth, Glacier National Park. One week after departing we will roll into Canmore and Shark Week VI, having experienced seven days of quite likely the most scenic sites and best roads that can possibly be enjoyed on two wheels. And then we'll get to experience the beauty of the Canadian Rockies on top of all of that! Details to come.....
I'm IN!!! if all my stars line up.....EPIC!!!!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hey Stray Mutt,

A trip like this is on my bucket list! How many miles total do you figure and how many miles / hours a day do you guys plan to ride?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Already There!

This sounds like an absolutely awesome trip. I'm already 200mi from Glacier (in Great Falls, MT).
From Canada you could hook southeast to Red Lodge, MT and the Beartooth Highway/Pass and then to Teton and/or Yellowstone NP!

Lots of ideas, just throwing one out there.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts