Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 weeks ago heading home after a great ride, even with a new member from here.
After stopping for lunch, I had to screw early and got t-boned. Fractured my sternum in 3 places and broke 8 ribs. Got some cool titanium jewelry and a FAA Card for metal detectors. Collapsed both lungs and ofcourse some road rash because my kevlar lined Jean's where dirty, and I didn't want to wear them. smdh
Had all my gear on so saved alot of skin.
After spending a week in the SICU, got moved to a trauma recovery ward with a super nice private ward, I was told.
Fast forward to yesterday (saturday) I was released from the hospital and entered an acute rehabilitation joint. Today was my first full day of working with a personal OT and a PT. No doubt it's going to be tough, but my will to go home is ALOT stronger!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
oh man that sucks. that definitely looks like a doosy. on a good note though, at least you're alive and able to tell your story. good luck in your recovery

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Wow,sorry to hear the bad news. Glad your still able to type. God speed on your recovery.
Was the pic of the kid on the roadside the one who hit you ?

Reactions: Bruce00 and Mike U

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Damn Bruce. good to hear it was not worse....have a speedy recovery

·
Registered
7,540 Posts
Bruce, I'm so sorry to hear about Your Crash Bro.
Thank God that You are here to tell All of Us about it.
Take Your time recovering and listen to The Doc's and do as they recommend.
If Your Glide can't be repaired it surely can be replaced.
Take care and heal up with a speedy recovery.
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
So sorry to hear of your accident and injuries, but I guess you can take some consolation from the fact that your injuries weren't worse .... though it probably doesn't feel that way at the moment. Follow the Doc's and PT's instructions and heal fast, we're all pulling for you here. Best of luck to you with your recovery. Let us know how you're doing every now and then.

Reactions: Bruce00 and Mike U

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Reminds us all to be vigilant about riding safe! Take it one day at a time and you'll be as good as new...even better with all that bling installed! Bionic Bruce! Get well soon!!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Glad you are good and around to tell the tale of what happened. Get well pal!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
God Damn. Glad you're going to be ok. That totally sucks. Been looking at the airbag vests. This makes me want to do more than look.

Bike totaled?

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Follow the PT/OT plan to recovery and you will be back riding soon
Keep us posted on your progress and power thru it

Reactions: Bruce00

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Bikes are replaceable, you are not. Good to hear you are recovering. BTW, your post was going so well until you added a pic of some ugly dude lying in a bed. :grin:
Ya, that was a bad pic. lol But that kid sitting next to the guide rail, ya is he the turd that hit him? I just want to smash his face in when I see it.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Glad your going to be OK brother.

Going down sucks.

Here's to a speedy recovery.

Swomack

·
Registered
890 Posts
Relieved to hear you are on the trail to recovery bro....Take your time/pace yourself then you'll be riding in no time-ish. Best of luck with the PT.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Holy Shit Bruce.........No Bueno Amigo...........but you are here to post about it and for that, I am glad.

Enjoy the Meds (but not too much, they have a way of setting up shop and refusing to leave without a fight) and don't skimp on the PT.....don't push it too hard either............I am not good at this advice crap, fuck it, smoke 'em if ya got 'em

1 - 20 of 43 Posts