Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, I can't wait. should be done today or tomorrow <thurs/fri>

no, I am not doing them myself....know your limits...i'll fix your computer, but not attempting bars install <don't judge me>

anyway, i'm bursting at the seams and had to share.

these are the 15" wicked bagger apes....black of course :)

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
I feel sorry for the person that is doing the install. Those look like they could be a nightmare to do internal wiring on.

Post up some photos when it is done.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he actually looked at them and said they wouldn't be bad because they are so fat.

I feel sorry for the person that is doing the install. Those look like they could be a nightmare to do internal wiring on.

Post up some photos when it is done.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The trick to the 'kinky' bars like that is to use good old GI Issue Dogtag chain... just drop it in and let gravity help it slide through till you reach the pull-holes on the bottom. Ductape the wires to the chain (about 4-6" of it), powder the wire sleeve up and let er rip!

I did a set of 18" bars about 6 years ago like that and had zero issues pulling the wires....

Just my 2cents!;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
JUDGE NOT SAYS I.Did mine real pain the first time not so bad the second And finly the third time i slowed way dowwwn. and got it right.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Done.

charged me 4 hours labor...pic enclosed! County Line Choppers ROCKS!!

I LOVE, L-O-V-E, LOVE these bars.....whooooop!!

Only small issue he had, was the anti lock breaks, they gave him a difficult time, but they did a great job and for bars and install, under $800 (and more importantly only down 2 days!!) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might be a geek, but I am a 'self proclaimed bad ass', ok, so, I'm the only one that believes it, but still.....

I even was able to get the shop's wireless router working while I was there picking up the bike, he bought a cheapo and couldn't get it working. DONE. I figured for what little he charged me, it was the least I could do.

Pretty bad-ass looking for a computer guy!;);):D (this, coming from an engineer):eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts