Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of canceling my MadStad order. I ordered 20 days ago on 9/8 and still do not have a tracking number or any indication on the website that it has shipped. I sent an email last week and got no response. I then called last week and after a couple of tries, I finally got a live person who said it should ship by the end of the week. Nope, not yet.

When I ordered their website stated that due to the move, you could expect the items to ship 10 days after ordering. Even if you only count business days, it has been more than 10 days.

I am still not certain on the look of this thing and you couple that with poor customer service and it might just be enough for me to cancel all together.

I sent an email this morning, so I will see how they respond if they respond at all.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Can't say for sure what is happening with your order, but by and large MadStad's customer service have always been first rate.

Hope nothing bad happened.....

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
They're moving their shop. Nothing ever goes as planned , so that's probably the delay. Have patience.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I too am suprised to hear this. Ive ordered 2 shields from them before and the customer service and shipping was great. Even gave me an unexpected discount on the 2nd shield for being a return customer. Must be something to do with the move. If your not sure about the looks of the Madstad you might want to go ahead and cancel because thats not going to change. Its ugly and will remain ugly for the whole time you have it. Will it grow on you? Maybe, but thats you changing not the sheild. Now if you can get past the looks and enjoy the function like nothing else out there then wait it out and get the sheild. You really have nothing to loose. Madstad offers a 30 money back deal and I know someone on here will take it off your hands for sure. Keep us posted on what happens.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're moving their shop. Nothing ever goes as planned , so that's probably the delay. Have patience.
I fully understand the move and that is why I gave latitude an waited this long but that still does not excuse the lack of responsiveness on answering emails or the phone.

They had no hesitation in charging my credit card for the full amount on 9/8 ether!:surprise:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sorry you are having trouble. I'd be frustrated if I were you also. I actually like the look of mine and I will say that it is by far the best shield I have had. Have you tried giving them a call?
Its in the 4th sentence of first paragraph.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well either due to the post here, or my email that I sent again this morning or due to the inquiry on their Facebook page, I got a call from Sean at MadStad.

He stated that due to the move that obviously they were backed up yada, yada, yada.

He said it should ship tomorrow or Wednesday. Then he confirmed my order and said he would check on the parts availability and it may go today and he would call me back. So it might go out today or Tuesday or Wednesday.....:nerd:

All of this doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling :confused:

·
Registered
941 Posts
If concerned about the $, then cancel and let them know to contact you when they are able to fulfill your order.

Regarding the MadStad being ugly - IMO and others I ride with it is not ugly; instead, it is admired for its design and successful functionality. I was at the Barber Motorcycle Museum last week in Leeds (Birmingham) Alabama. In the motorcycle parking area I received much admiring comments on the MadStad.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
rsscoggins, I don't know whether you should wait it out or not. Only you know that. Sometimes frustrations like this color your satisfaction later.

Me? I would wait a couple more days, since you're already a couple weeks in.

Having had one, I can say that the Madstad is hands-down the best performing windshield out there. Its adjustability ensures that is the case for every rider. No other shield can make that claim.

Aesthetics, on the other hand, are entirely subjective. I did over 70,000 miles behind one & often had conversations with people about it. Some liked it, some did not; all were intrigued.

It all comes down to what you want: form or function. If you value function over form, you'll likely be happy with a Madstad.
I am in this camp, but there was still a part of me that didn't like how it changed the appearance of the front end of my FLTRU.

Given the redesigned fairing, my '15 now sports a 13" medium tint Freedom shield that I find works wonderfully... for me.

Good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If concerned about the $, then cancel and let them know to contact you when they are able to fulfill your order.

Regarding the MadStad being ugly - IMO and others I ride with it is not ugly; instead, it is admired for its design and successful functionality. I was at the Barber Motorcycle Museum last week in Leeds (Birmingham) Alabama. In the motorcycle parking area I received much admiring comments on the MadStad.
Not really about the money and more about the customer service and level of communication. At this point, I HAVE cancelled my order. I got an email from Sean stating that it would not ship until Friday (instead of the Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday from the previous conversation) because I requested the holes be drilled 1" higher to help cover the gap a little more than the normal shields. Granted this was NOT a net new request as it was requested at the time of ordering and I have an email from Sean on 9/9 (the day after I ordered) confirming that "this would not be an issue".

So while MadStad may have provided good customer service in the past and you can write this off due to their move, my experience with them has been less than spectacular and I have decided to vote with my money and cancel my order.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Really sucks to hear this, I had a great experience with my purchase and exchange for a different size. As stated earlier, when companies move it usually never goes as planned, however that is no excuse for the poor customer service.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nothing to say about MadStad customer service but very good things. Always right on the spot with emails and calls.

Obviously the move is taking longer and as anyone that has moved even a small business knows, it's never smooth. Sounds like they tried to make it right and then even called you to update you but you couldn't wait.

I think you did the right thing by canceling your order. I doubt anything would have made it right for you. Sounds like you were already bugged by the look anyway. The look is not for everyone although I've come to love the look. (And love the performance even more!)

I'd try a WindVest, then a Klock Werks, then a Cee Baileys, then a Freedom Shield, and then an LRS. By the time you try all of those the new MadStad shop should be up and running and back to fast delivery!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Nothing to say about MadStad customer service but very good things. Always right on the spot with emails and calls.

Obviously the move is taking longer and as anyone that has moved even a small business knows, it's never smooth. Sounds like they tried to make it right and then even called you to update you but you couldn't wait.

I think you did the right thing by canceling your order. I doubt anything would have made it right for you. Sounds like you were already bugged by the look anyway. The look is not for everyone although I've come to love the look. (And love the performance even more!)

I'd try a WindVest, then a Klock Werks, then a Cee Baileys, then a Freedom Shield, and then an LRS. By the time you try all of those the new MadStad shop should be up and running and back to fast delivery!
Thanks for justifying my decision Methos1979 - that is exactly what I was looking for and will sleep better tonight knowing that I have your approval...I guess every product has their "fanboys" who take exception when you speak the truth about the product that they are vested in.

And exactly how "did they try and make it right"? They called only after I sent two emails and they stated that it could be Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday on shipping and then finally emailed back (not called as they stated they would) that it would be Friday before it ships (yeah I heard that last week). Yeah that makes everything "right". How about shipping in the 10 days your website quoted or last Friday as I was told on the phone last week? THAT would have been the "right" thing to do.

Don't know what to tell you, Methos1979, other than my experience in this process. You can justify the delays however you need to in order to fit your narrow view of things since it seems you have already done so. I don't have an issue with the delays necessarily but do take exception to paying a premium for a shield that may or may not fit my needs and receiving poor customer service in the process. I will say, I am not the only one who has had this issue based on their Facebook page.

·
Registered
400 Posts
No need for the hostility man. I don't think you ever being attacked here. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience. Although I am a fan of my madstad, I am a fanboy of no company. Customer service means a lot ant you were not satisfied with theirs. Don't stress it too much. Find another shield that you like the look of more and give it a try.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am having the same experience with Madstad. I got confirmation of my order on 09/10 and have heard nothing since. I have tried to call but no answer and did not care to leave a message. I sent an email asking for a tracking number with no response. The only reason I have not yet given up is most reviews of this product are highly positive and there is not a similar product available. I am going to be patient and hold out for delivery; perhaps there are some setbacks due to their move or they are just extremely behind schedule. Thanks to the originator of this thread to at least confirm that others are having trouble getting their madstad as well.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Read all the posts on this thread. Very interesting about the difference in the level of customer service depending on when you ordered. Understand the frustration. Enjoy whatever shield you get.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Things happen for a reason. This was the universes way of telling you not to put that ugly f__king thing on your ride.
That might be the best post I have read on this site! Well written and I agree 100%

1 - 20 of 26 Posts