Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I need yall's help in designing the perfect seat. Thinking of purchasing a custom widowmaker saddle seat. I want mine to be brown like cowboy style in Texas with either alligator or Ostrich. Which colors would you think look best with the seat. My RGS is vivid black and chrome. Please advise.

Also, has anyone rode the widowmaker, How does it feel? I am 270, 6'1. Have not added the bars yet. WIll get that once I get a seat to see how far back it sets me. Have some back issues from the Marine days so hopefully, I can ride this long distance and not be really affected.

The Corbin rep on the phone said their seats are better than most other companies that compete with Harley seats.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Edimean22,
I rode down a few years ago to Corbin during the Hollister rally and had a custom heated seat made for my 2016 Indian Roadmaster. I find that Corbin seats are nice and hold up well, but they are HARD! this last summer, I made the trip again from Seattle to Santa Barbara, and my ass was literally bruised. I had to park the bike for a few days before I could even sit on it. So.. when they say "It will break in" hmm, not really. it's just fucking hard, like made of rocks hard. However, if you're not putting in serious miles, they rule!
I had about 22K on my last Corbin. It was awesome to pick out each part of my seat (Leather, stitching, colors etc..), and to see it being made right in front of me, THAT was great, that being said though, I may try another company for my RG seat.
Just something to think about, because they sure aren't giving those things away either.(Ca-ching!)
just my two cents..

Also, Corbin seats typically sit you back an inch or two.. so, that's something to consider too..

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Personally I wouldn't spend that much on a seat without trying it out first. Since you're having it custom made, you probably can't return it. Not sure where you live , but Bike week is soon and you can definitely demo one then ,if you ride down.
As far a color goes,that's totally opinion.

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Try this combination in the Corbin seat configurator on the world wide webs.

Seat: Brandy Alligator

Sides: Black Natural Leather

Welt: Chocolate Leather

Stitching: Copper

Logo: Black

Check it out, will look excellent on a black bike.

I run a Corbin Solo, my preference.

Calgaryglide

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Corbin seats are hard as a rock, and one of the the most comfortable out there. May not make sense until you ride with one, but they're hard to beat. I've had several, and the one on my RG is a Harley knockoff of the Corbin.

Reactions: Bigaj2 and thedude

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the widow maker on my 17 RGS it is hard , but my ass was not numb after 150 miles like the stock. I’ve got about 1500 hundred miles on it they say 2000 to break it in . I had a Corbin on a 01 dyna that I just sold 2 months ago and that seat was still hard after 15 yrs great quality but not the most comfortable . My wife hated the dyna seat but loves the widow maker . The widow maker did sit me back at least 1 in had to adjust highway pegs but my bars felt good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I get the Lepera with the brown leather and Alligator? Any good color schemes/material?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
La pera is a top notch seat, as long as you don't get anything low profile, the Maverick is winner to me, i personally run mustang, i have the Sport tourer one piece and love it, had i have not gotten it for a killer deal the La Pera was going to be my other choice. Tried a Corbin on another friends bike did not like it way to hard for me, tired Saddleman not liking it either. I know this all comes down to preference but just my two cents. And if you have back issues like most of us get yourself something with a backrest option you will thank yourself later believe me.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have a custom leather LePera Monterey solo. Great seat I recommend & would buy from them again. I also owned a Corbin & I would never do business with them again. Inferior product & inferior customer sales & service. I have detailed LePera review posted in the forum & so do other people & it was their reviews which help me decide on LePera.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Much like bars, seats are of personal preference. What works great for one guy may be horrible for the next. With that said, try before you buy is advisable if you can. I have a Corbin and so far really do like it but, then again, I haven’t been on any trips longer than a couple hundred miles with it yet. My opinion won’t mean much to you anyway though because again, seats are such a personal preference. Concerning your back issues though, I can recommend installing a back rest with whatever seat maker you go with. I can’t roll more than 50 miles without one myself. And to answer your original question, I prefer black on black. A mix of gator and leather would look classy in my opinion. I never was one for multi color seat.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am a corbin fan. Some people love them some hate them. I think some don't really give them a chance because they are hard but I have done a few 900 mile days in my Corbin Wall and have never had a more comfortable seat. Plenty of back support without a backrest. Moves you back a little bit. If you ride solo most of the time you should at least take a look at the Wall.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am a corbin fan. Some people love them some hate them. I think some don't really give them a chance because they are hard but I have done a few 900 mile days in my Corbin Wall and have never had a more comfortable seat. Plenty of back support without a backrest. Moves you back a little bit. If you ride solo most of the time you should at least take a look at the Wall.
Can you post some pictures of your RG with the Wall seat?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
So what do you guys think I should buy then?
I have Mustang vintage solo, 17" and it sits me up a bit and well back (like almost 2"). It is super comfortable, and well broken in..ridden 9 hours at a time on it...

But sat on a 2018 CVO seat the other day and it was really comfortable, down and back...got me thinking...

Reactions: Road dawg

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am in Florida for the next 2 weeks and I don't have any pictures with the wall on my bike in my phone. If you are in no hurry I'll get you some when I get back. Corbin's site has pics of the seat but it is shown on a Street glide I think.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I am going to buy the Lepera seat on Monday. I am going to make it brown with the alligator leather. They said they do military discount so we shall see!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am in Florida for the next 2 weeks and I don't have any pictures with the wall on my bike in my phone. If you are in no hurry I'll get you some when I get back. Corbin's site has pics of the seat but it is shown on a Street glide I think.
When you get back will be fine...florida, lucky you!....still to cold up here to ride but maybe Wednsday!

·
Registered
11 Posts
corbin

Just picked up a new Road Glide.
Traded a 17 Triglide with a Corbin solo tour. Dealer wouldn't swap seats.

Heading down to Daytona in a week and my first stop is going to be the Corbin store for my new seat.
This will be the 5 Corbin and wouldn't use anything else.

Tom

1 - 20 of 35 Posts