Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After speaking with Mark over at Baker today. He told me that the Baker Compensator was only good for builds up to 130 torque. So for those that have the Baker Compensater installed, what kind of hp and tq are you running? I have 128.26 hp and 133.75 tq. Mark told me I could try to run this but they would not warranty it if anything happens! He told me to use a 34 tooth solid sprocket in lieu of the baker compensator. I see where a few fellow CVO's are using it on here and have limited miles (5000) with no issues, and a few that have had it installed and have had issues! Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
I'm at 138hp/136tq and I went through a Baker compensator in about 6-8k miles. Comp sprocket bolt backed out on me. I'm now running an Evolution Industries solid sprocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jayks, how does the single sprocket handle at low speeds? Say is there any issues with slow speed parking lot or stop light vibration or crank failure? I too have the evolution clutch diamond terminator. I did not do any crank update when i did my gmr 113 build. Just curious what effect the single sprocket change is working? Thank you for your reply.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
It's slightly 'twitchy' at very low speeds, but it's easily managed.

I'm running an Evo 34 tooth (stock size) sprocket; an Evo 49 tooth clutch basket w/diamond terminator clutch.

I'm also running an S&S crank on a 124" build. I've been warned against running a solid sprocket on a stock crank, but I have no direct experience with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts