Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This light is not on since day 1. I tried anything but it still not on. There is wired running from that to under the seat on the left (fuse box). I asked my dealer and they said that is not a light but I saw it working on one of HD store online.

Any one has any idea how to make it work?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
This light is not on since day 1. I tried anything but it still not on. There is wired running from that to under the seat on the left (fuse box). I asked my dealer and they said that is not a light but I saw it working on one of HD store online.

I think that's a light for American bikes only. Up in Canada, y'all got the light bar, and reflectors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I think that's a light for American bikes only. Up in Canada, y'all got the light bar, and reflectors.
If you have chance can you take a picture of your left panel? I traced the wire to there and it is connected. I will take a picture when I get home.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
if your bike is Canadian spec, the light will not light up. it may be wired through it, but it will not light.

I've sold a couple of my tri bar lights to Canadians. there is a mod to make it work, but it is more involved than just plugging it in. you do have to change the wiring.

that other forum said:
So last year id ordered p/n 68371-07A. Running light and brake light tri bar for the usa built bikes.

Today I finally tackled the project. Dismantled everything. For the life of me I was unsure why the wiring went to the dummy tri bar and then carried onto the tail light and signal lights.

I took apart the circut board and used a meter to see what was going on. The only thing I figured was it moved the location of the wires to different pin locations on the output. Decided i'd hope for the best and remove it from the system. For now I used heat shrinkable butt connectors. In the future I might remove and solder but for now that was the plan as it was a trial attempt.

There is 7 wires in and 7 out and all are different colours other than 2 black ground wires so connected all the like wires togeather. Tested and sure enough everything worked as it should. Running light, brake light and both signals.

As for the tri-bar there is a plug specifically for it just rear of the fuse panel so ran the wireing there and retested everything.

SHE WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heated the shrink wrap connectors and retaped everything up. Reinstalled and it looks oem.

I will be much happier when out knowing it no longer is a fake tri bar.

Attached some photos of the project including the dismantled fake tri bar.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If it is wired to fuse panel someone did some buggering. you may need dealer to sort out what was done it should light up . North or South or the broader.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Look underneath, do you see a connector on it?
Yes there is a connector and wired up to the fuse box, and tighted together with the antena cable.
Sounds to me like you should have a light that works. Get out the old test light and have a go at it. See if the connector even has + & -. Maybe like said above, it's a reflector instead, but possibly has a regular wiring harness like the US bikes. Gotta do a little detective work. Good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Canadian DOT has different rules. If we import a US bike, we must replace some of the lighting from certain models and years. Harley builds the bikes accordingly. Sometimes it really sucks.

For instance:
https://www.riv.ca/rearlights.aspx

And a quick summary:

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Where in Mississauga are you? I can confirm....Canadian bikes DO NOT light up the tri-bar.
So, options are - buy the tri-bar from good 'ol USA, part # 67774-10 and splice into existing wires under left side rear fender. Not hard, but not a gimme.
Or, like mentioned, get a Custom Dynamics tribar led - works just fine, plug and play.
The empty tri-bar on their now is just a pass thru for the wires, it's doing nothing.
Leave it up to us CDN's to NOT have an additional light on the bike....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where in Mississauga are you? I can confirm....Canadian bikes DO NOT light up the tri-bar.
So, options are - buy the tri-bar from good 'ol USA, part # 67774-10 and splice into existing wires under left side rear fender. Not hard, but not a gimme.
Or, like mentioned, get a Custom Dynamics tribar led - works just fine, plug and play.
The empty tri-bar on their now is just a pass thru for the wires, it's doing nothing.
Leave it up to us CDN's to NOT have an additional light on the bike....
Cawthra and Bloor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts