Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Australia so access to all the good stuff such as Factory 47 Signature 12" Black bars would cost me very close to $1000AUD landed, about $680USD but theyare what I really want for my Road Glide.. So I just decided to do a Ebay search and low and behold there is someone in Australia selling brand new Factory 42 Signature Bars 12" Black...$500AUD. I'm thinking na must be in the USA .. I read the the full ad and not only are the in Oz but he is literally a few suburbs over from where I live like 30K's (18miles). He had them bolted up the to risers and no cables or anything pulled thru and decided that he wanted 10" ..
Sometime right time and right place .. Normally it would be like a 5 hour drive or over the other side of the country and you would have to pay some ridiculous postage fee...

Now if only I could find a set of Kahuna Heated Grips in Black .....:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
That's a great find. I'll be ordering mine on black friday. The do a 15% off sale every year. I save about 75 bucks. Cant ride anyway. Snow and salt on the roads.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice score on the bars! Call your area dealer and see if they can order you up a set of those grips. Or, is there more to it being that you live in Australia? Find out what it takes and costs to ship from Chicago. The better dealers in my area will do 15-20% off for Black Friday. I got no problem throwing you over a set on your dime.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
NIce score on finding those bars so close and for such a good price. Have fun running the wires. ;)

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
As they say, "I'd rather be lucky than good!" Nice catch on those never used bars. Glad to see us U.S, riders aren't the only ones to ever 're-purpose' the dining room table! You must be single, or you have a very understanding OL.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice one. Good to see someone getting a bit of luck, all the best to you and your ride! What else are you doing to it? I have the kahuna heated grips and I'm very happy with them, they are really good!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice score on the bars! Call your area dealer and see if they can order you up a set of those grips. Or, is there more to it being that you live in Australia? Find out what it takes and costs to ship from Chicago. The better dealers in my area will do 15-20% off for Black Friday. I got no problem throwing you over a set on your dime.
Thanks for the offer .. but they are available here in Oz.. just have to wiat for some funds to come in .. I am also getting my inner fairing Hydro Dipped Carbon Fiber as well as a lot of other parts painted..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one. Good to see someone getting a bit of luck, all the best to you and your ride! What else are you doing to it? I have the kahuna heated grips and I'm very happy with them, they are really good!
I am also blacking out the front as well as the front wheel, the inner faring and front speedo cluster is getting Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped, Tank Dash Painted Black. Then when out of warranty some Tab Performance Mufflers and Roland Sand Air Cleaner.. and Cam of some sort...

I will post pics as stuff comes back in..

·
Registered
776 Posts
Well I wont fit mine until I get the heated grips ..cost $418AUD so they are not cheap .. Plus my bike look like this
Oh heck no......... cant eat at the table.. Congrats must be living right to score a deal like that.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Good find right there bro. You got your hands full, post pics of the hydro dip stuff please.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As they say, "I'd rather be lucky than good!" Nice catch on those never used bars. Glad to see us U.S, riders aren't the only ones to ever 're-purpose' the dining room table! You must be single, or you have a very understanding OL.
My wife wasn't home at the time of me stripping the inner fairing apart.

I also used a doona that I found in one of the linnen closet ..

What they don't know wont hurt them.. the key is just to clean up so they have no idea what you have done. LOL

But to be perfectly honest she really would care that much as long as i didn't scratch the table.. or scratch the fairing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I am also blacking out the front as well as the front wheel, the inner faring and front speedo cluster is getting Carbon Fiber Hydro Dipped, Tank Dash Painted Black. Then when out of warranty some Tab Performance Mufflers and Roland Sand Air Cleaner.. and Cam of some sort...

I will post pics as stuff comes back in..
I did some carbon Fiber stuff... Never thought of the inner faring....Hmmm. Might have to look at that. This forum sucks the money right out of your pocket....

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Great find indeed

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I did some carbon Fiber stuff... Never thought of the inner faring....Hmmm. Might have to look at that. This forum sucks the money right out of your pocket....
That carbon fiber stuff looks GOOD!!! :grin::wink:

Reactions: Riderduke

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
My wife wasn't home at the time of me stripping the inner fairing apart.

I also used a doona that I found in one of the linnen closet ..

What they don't know wont hurt them.. the key is just to clean up so they have no idea what you have done. LOL

But to be perfectly honest she really would care that much as long as i didn't scratch the table.. or scratch the fairing.

She sounds like a real 'keeper', good for you.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
890 Posts
A) Is a "doona" a really comfy blankie?
B) You guys are killin-me-smalls, with the carbon fiber stuff.I really like that look but I don't know a cheap ass way to do it on my virtually non existent budget currently. I was looking at the deal stuff from the parts stores.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Welcome to the tank from Perth. Glad you were able to get the bars here in Oz.

I normally wait until I go to Texas and buy all my bits and pieces for the beastie, the bonus is going during Black Friday sales.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts