Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
not happy with my bars now and saw the holy rollers and think they might be a better fit. currently running Vindikta which are shorter than most and very wide. thinking of the factory 47 but they are very wide as well. these are narrower and look really good but they are only 1 1/4 vs the 1.5.

just looking for some feedback from those of you who have them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Road 6 Standard Apes on mine. I called them with my questions and they were more than willing to talk candidly about their products. Give them a call with your concerns. Quality wise I have no complaints and the wires pulled relatively easily through the the 1.25 inch tubing. Haven't had 1.5's so can't speak to that. They also have a video specifically on wiring the Holly Rollers on their site. Cool removable end caps to make wiring easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr90KPZ7gHQ

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have 11" Standard Apes. I called and talked to them before ordering. Helpful and pleasant people. I did not want a wide bar, and as I recall these were relatively narrow. I've been happy with them for three years.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have the 13" Frisco apes on mine,, just switched from the 11". The 11" ride and look like a 12" bar, and were super comfortable. I just like to change stuff up.
Super easy to wire, excellent build quality. Great company to deal with. I highly recommend them.
I'd sell the 11s if you want to try them out for half the price of new.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Road 6 standard ape (13") was the first bar install I did on a Road Glide (my 2015). They stayed on the bike for almost 3 years before I changed them out. Nothing but good things to say about the Road 6 bars. Installation was a breeze, fit and finish were good. Zero complaints.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Had the 11” standard apes on my 15 RGS. No issues with them, now I am running the 13” standard apes on my RGU. No issues with the wiring and for me very comfortable.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I put a set on my cousins 16. 13" standard. Breeze to wire up. Fit and finish were awesome.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
not happy with my bars now and saw the holy rollers and think they might be a better fit. currently running Vindikta which are shorter than most and very wide. thinking of the factory 47 but they are very wide as well. these are narrower and look really good but they are only 1 1/4 vs the 1.5.

just looking for some feedback from those of you who have them.
I have the 13" Holey Rollers and really like them. However, the Holey Rollers limit how far you can rotate the grips and hand controls if you bring the bars back closer to you. I have my bars rolled back to be inline with the front forks and the controls are pointed slightly down. Not an issue, but any more would be.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Contemplating these as well as FMB bars, good point , I usually line up my bars with the forks, sometimes a bit more back depending on the bar, I really like the look of the road 6 bars.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Does anyone with a pre- Rushmore glide have issues rotating the controls like 08 zinc does? I know the newer glides the controls are slightly different.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I have the Road 6 Standard Apes on mine. I called them with my questions and they were more than willing to talk candidly about their products. Give them a call with your concerns. Quality wise I have no complaints and the wires pulled relatively easily through the the 1.25 inch tubing. Haven't had 1.5's so can't speak to that. They also have a video specifically on wiring the Holly Rollers on their site. Cool removable end caps to make wiring easier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr90KPZ7gHQ
I just watched this entire youtube video and it was very well done

Looks like if you take your time this job can be done in your garage without any issues

Follow this video, step by step and you should be good to go

Great looking bars IMO

Swomack

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Saw that awesome video, wiring is easy just wondering how much can you rotate the controls , on 2013 and earlier seems like they don't interfere with the gussets, I think I am decided on 13 inch holey rollers , like the look.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Saw that awesome video, wiring is easy just wondering how much can you rotate the controls , on 2013 and earlier seems like they don't interfere with the gussets, I think I am decided on 13 inch holey rollers , like the look.

On 15+ the rotation is limited by the nubs on the controls(easy to remove) Then there is only limitation from the wiring slack, and clutch/brake cable slack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts