Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of an audio upgrade (new speakers & and an amp to push them)......I've looked & can;t find any input on what folks here seem to think about Soundtsream? I found a really good deal on a Sounstream PN4.520D.
Looking to handle a set of Hertz HCX 165's in the stock position and a set of 5.25" Hertz-Kappa's or Focals in the side of the fairing.

Any thoughts?

Also- what size tweeters would be needed if I decide to install in teh lower 2 gage spots?

Thanks (this is an area in which I am just not really familiar)....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have a soundstream PN4.520D kicks ass! You can't beat it for the money. I like it more than the Hawgwired 400w amp I have in the fairing. Only because I SPENT 400 BUCKS ON IT. I think I spent 130.00 on the soundstream and it sounds just as good if not better. I have it driving two 6x9's in my lids and 2 5.25's in my tour pac pods. It sounds great!!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a soundstream PN4.520D kicks ass! You can't beat it for the money. I like it more than the Hawgwired 400w amp I have in the fairing. Only because I SPENT 400 BUCKS ON IT. I think I spent 130.00 on the soundstream and it sounds just as good if not better. I have it driving two 6x9's in my lids and 2 5.25's in my tour pac pods. It sounds great!!!
Thanks for the input Pat..... I have read nothing but good reviews so for the price I found, I think I'm gonna go ahead & pull the trigger on it......

·
Registered
98 Posts
Soundstream

I'm running the P4.520 pushing 4 JBL 2-ohm speakers. What I like about the amp is you can push it HARD even in 2-ohm, and it doesn't emit a lot of heat. They also have the ST4.1000 that's about the same size.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I have the 2 channel pn2-350d driving Kappas in the fairing and could not be more happy with it. Great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I too have never heard anything bad about the Picasso amps. I thought about picking up a small 2 ch to power my TP pod speakers with a quick detach.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one. That's for sure. Good luck.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The *only* downside I've heard --- is that it can but not always interfere with your FM radio reception. I haven't had a problem with mine. Others have.

For what its worth I have a Pn2.350D running with JM RokkerXX's and it's fan freaking tastic .

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really glad to hear all the posative comments....I pulled the trigger on the PN4.520D last night/.......Found one new w/ warranty for $109 & a free ride......:D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Yep I am running 2 of the PN4.520 on 8 Infinity Kappas and they are rock solid no complaints. They are a little large and with the inner fairing spaekers I had to mount both in tour-pak, then made a aluminum shelf above them so I can still use the Tour-pac the other nice thing about mounting them tbere is easy access to gain adjustments :D

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
Yep, no complaints on the 520 Nano.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The *only* downside I've heard --- is that it can but not always interfere with your FM radio reception. I haven't had a problem with mine. Others have.

For what its worth I have a Pn2.350D running with JM RokkerXX's and it's fan freaking tastic .
I heard the same thing, How I was going to loose FM reception... I haven't noticed any issues with reception... However my antenna is still in the stock location, I wonder if those who have had issues were using a hidden antenna?

·
Registered
434 Posts

I heard the same thing, How I was going to loose FM reception... I haven't noticed any issues with reception... However my antenna is still in the stock location, I wonder if those who have had issues were using a hidden antenna?
True on the hidden having trouble. But i don't listen to the radio, i have the Sony iPod tray hu so i never cared.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
My FM reception went down but was not lost. I still run the whip on the rear fender.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'm running two sets of Polk Audio on an ST4.1000. One set MM6501 and one set of MM651. All in the fairing with a Sony marine media HU. Amp fits nicely behind HU and seems to power them quite nicely. I'm no expert though.

·
Registered
444 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Soundstream amp question

if i use the hi input on Soundstream PN4 520 amp coming from the stock 2005 HU will I have to find a wire for the remote on or should it turn on o and off without?

Any experience on this

1 - 20 of 38 Posts